• Topspin

He's definitely a fun figure and goes well with Twin Twist.

re: photographing that silver plastic, try rigging up a light diffuser between you and the subject, it will soften that glare and bring out the details. Also be sure your camera is on it's macro setting if it has one.

Heavyarms   47 weeks 1 day ago
  • Monster Hunter Ralph

Monster Hunter Raph dies a little every time you call him "Ralph" so that's how he became a vampire.

Heavyarms   47 weeks 1 day ago
  • Topspin

Far as Titans Returns deluxe-class figures go, he's pretty solid. He looks like a faithful update to the G1 figure, has above average articulation, and isn't visibly riddled with hollow plastic. I won't say we can't ask for more, but it's better than expected.

Optimal III   47 weeks 2 days ago
  • Topspin

Thoughts in this figure? Is it as good as people say?

quinncat   47 weeks 3 days ago
  • Dark Voltron

Huh I don’t care about the licensing, If it’s good it’s bought.

TattooedRobot   47 weeks 5 days ago
  • Dark Voltron

Danger Wil Robinson Danger!! Just because the unscrupulous Chinese Manufacturer says it's now officially licensed all hunky dory doesn't in fact mean it is. Icarus is lying to you. They do that a lot. In fact pretty much everything they have ever said about this robot has been questionable at best. But don't take my word for it. Ask WEP. They are very responsive to questions about this particular robot toy. (BBTS pulled the preorders after about a day when they discovered Icarus was lying to them about the licensing.)

faelon   47 weeks 6 days ago
  • Fortress Maximus

That too! I could almost accept him missing most of his hallmarks if he was an all-new toy. But he's not! He's like 75% Metroplex!

The only new pieces here are Cerebros & Emissary, the guns on his legs, and his upper body. Everything else is just repainted and/or rearranged body parts.

Optimal III   48 weeks 3 days ago
  • Fortress Maximus

Yeah this could've had features like the elevator or the prison for the Titan Masters, but it doesn't really have any "city" based gimmicks like that

quinncat   48 weeks 4 days ago
  • Fortress Maximus

I paid around 80 for this during black friday and was so let down by it I ended up just buying an encore fort max and brave max. It's a very lazy release and doesn't live up to the name. Without both guns, arm and hip cannons, and gasket and grommet, its just missing all the iconic elements that make him fort max. This was a huge disappointment to me.

siningy   48 weeks 4 days ago
  • Fortress Maximus

I get what you mean! The sound effects are stock and lazy! Honestly if I paid $150 for this, I wouldn't!!

Also, that point you made about Cerebros's face sculpt is pretty insightful. Aren't hasbro Titan returns figures generally based on the toys anyway?

quinncat   48 weeks 4 days ago
  • Fortress Maximus

You nailed it when you said "under-engineered". @ $150, he's good but not enough to ignore the flaws. I like robot mode, but hate that he's a retool of FoC Metroplex, because he inherited the mediocre knees & hips. Ship mode is fine, but city mode is disappointing. It didn't have to be a redo of the original, but as is, it's lazy. And the Takara version's better sound FX & master swords only help so much.

Regarding the different heads for Cerebros, it gave them one more tweak for the SDCC version, which comes with the G1 toy/Headmasters-style head.

All that said, I will be excited for Grand Maximus if he breaks 3,000 for pre-orders. That pretender shell for Gran actually looks really cool.

Optimal III   48 weeks 4 days ago
  • Fortress Maximus

That's interesting! I don't even know why they went with that American G1 head sculpt for cerebros in the first place!

quinncat   48 weeks 5 days ago
  • Monster Hunter Ralph

Seems like this whole line is also a homage to the 90's Playmates line where all the characters also got decked as various Universal monsters?

Tetsuryu   48 weeks 5 days ago
  • Fortress Maximus

It's kind of weird that they went with a toy accurate face for Fort Max but with a cartoon/comic accurate face for Cerebros. Not that there's that big of a difference, but when it comes to "American" Fort Max, I always think of the goggled face.

Tetsuryu   48 weeks 5 days ago
  • Vampire Ralph
    LOL

I wondered about the wisdom of arming a vampire with wooden stakes myself. Maybe he's in disguise as a vampire so he can get close to stake them.

Heavyarms   48 weeks 5 days ago
  • Twinferno

Also, I'm a little soft on the figures I review, but soon I'll be doing more bootlegs, so I'll really have some stuff to complaint about :)

quinncat   48 weeks 6 days ago
  • Twinferno

Yeah the tail on mine doesn't fit together very well either!

quinncat   48 weeks 6 days ago
  • Twinferno

i wanted to like him but i think hes pretty bad. the dragon arms don't have enough articulation to really do anything so he can only hold the guns all awkwardly and the dragon mode is kinda poorly designed. especially the way the tail tabs into the body.

siningy   48 weeks 6 days ago
  • Twinferno

I think this figure is pretty good, but I don't know how much better the Takara one is. Is the extra paint and stuff on legends doublecross worth the money to you guys?

quinncat   49 weeks 3 hours ago
  • Kyrieloid

This guy is very cool. I own a bunch of Ultra Act Ultramen but no kaiju yet. I may just get this guy.

InkdKaiju72   49 weeks 1 day ago
  • Mega Man X Full Armor

Hello, I'm new here.
    I wonder if the items shown are for display only or are available for sale.
    Does this item: "Mega Man X Full Armor" (BANDAI / D-ARTS) is available for sale?
    Thankyou

olecramcm (not verified)   49 weeks 4 days ago
  • Gundam Bael

Good review, interesting design. Definitely looks like a Gundam, but the colors & backpack remind me of Tallgeese III.

Optimal III   49 weeks 6 days ago
  • Starscream

Honestly I didn't know that! I know it's not the figure's fault, but that makes me like it a little less!

That's another example of a misstep in the aligned continuity trying and failing to fit together into a cohesive narrative! Really hasbro, Do we really have to pretend that wfc/foc are canon with Prime and rid2015?

Sorry for the little rant there, that just really frustrates me!

quinncat   50 weeks 2 days ago
  • Starscream

All the gaps are annoying, but I like the backpack design. It's a good look. I haven't watched any of RID yet though, so I'm feeling mixed. Starscream's apparent death at the end of Prime was the perfect end for this version of the character, so I'm disappointed he's back in less than impressive fashion.

Optimal III   50 weeks 2 days ago
  • Starscream

My opinions on this figure are pretty mixed! So, does anyone have any concrete
    Good or bad feelings about it?

quinncat   50 weeks 3 days ago