• Oh, I don't chase vintage, so the Jumbo Grip G-4 has always been a dream. And I missed out on the Fewture sets when they came out (and quickly disappeared). I never thought I'd see a re-release, much less one where I could get just the vehicle I want. I am all over this! I'll finally own a nice G-4.

japester   35 weeks 6 days ago
  • Convobat

I may have made the same hip mistake with Mindwipe.

Heavyarms   36 weeks 8 hours ago
  • Convobat

Yeah, I don't think anyone will know a longing sensation if they pass on this. I am glad his hips work though. I was so disappointed at first when I had them backwards. Seems to be an easy mistake to make too, because I've seen plenty of pics where he's bow-legged.

Optimal III   36 weeks 11 hours ago
  • Convobat

Yeah, I had this on pre-order but then I got the original Mindwipe figure and cancelled. I just wasn't comfortable paying 70+ bucks on this figure simply because it tickled my Beast Wars fancy.

Heavyarms   36 weeks 1 day ago
  • Lin Setsu A

I just started thunderbolt fantasy yesterday! I'm glad it kind of just started, because I wouldn't want to start pili, considering how long it is!

quinncat   36 weeks 5 days ago
  • Good Knight

No problem at all. I always thought it was based on the Mercedes 540k from the 1940s (which is one of the cars that inspired Red Skull's cars in the Capt. America movie.)

Heavyarms   37 weeks 8 hours ago
  • Good Knight

Oh ok! I assumed that considering zero, tux, loco, bolt and others were actually older vehicles, that this guy would be too! Thank you

quinncat   37 weeks 23 hours ago
  • Good Knight

Good Knight's car mode is actually based on the Excalibur Roadster (which was, in turn, designed to evoke a 1920s-era Mercedes roadster) that was built between 1965 and 1995.

A lot of online sources I see say that it is based on the Series III model which was built between 1975-79, but that version has three exhaust pipes behind the spare tire holder. The Series IV was built between 1980-84 and has two exhaust pipes just like Good Knight and it was a 1985 Gobot. (But the Machine Robo may have been designed before then, I don't know.)

Excalibur. Good KNIGHT. Get it?

Heavyarms   37 weeks 1 day ago
  • Good Knight

This reminds me, anyone have a machine robo figure they wish action toys would make a modern version of? Mine was spay c but that is getting made, so now it's probably crasher

quinncat   37 weeks 1 day ago
  • LSA Combo

Heh, All these years I never got around to commenting on this: I had found these at the same time period, early 2000s, at KMart. It was packaged fully assembled, standing in an open faced display box, standing up on the shelves, not in the multi-part tray breifcase box. I believe I found it in the general discount little kids toy section, not even a name on the box, but a printed dollar store style price on the box of $9.99 !!

They do have nice look and details, with gold chrome and all that, but the plastic is thin, and it has a worse time standing assembled then the original, ...which was already shaky, LOL!

repairtechjon   37 weeks 2 days ago
  • AV-98 Ingram

Nice! The Ingram is on a short list of RD I still need to get.

VZMK2   37 weeks 3 days ago
  • Don't have a spare $700 laying around? Yeah same here....

TattooedRobot   37 weeks 3 days ago
  • Oh hell yes I mean no... they're all coming out at the same time? Ouch.

Harvey   37 weeks 3 days ago
  • AV-98 Ingram

the Side labor sits between the revoltech and the CM Brave's.

Duymon   37 weeks 4 days ago
  • That's God Phoenix :)

slee915   37 weeks 5 days ago
  • AV-98 Ingram

This encouraged me to go back and buy 3 of the CMS versions.

Nicest thing about the RS line is all the other labors they are making.

TattooedRobot   37 weeks 6 days ago
  • AV-98 Ingram

Too bad you got rid of the other versions of the Ingram because it'd be cool to see all of them lined up.

VZMK2   38 weeks 1 day ago
  • AV-98 Ingram

They're roughly 1/60 scale, while the Revoltechs are about 1/72. When next to each other the RD is about a head taller.

VF5SS   38 weeks 1 day ago
  • AV-98 Ingram

What's the scale on this? Do you know how it compares size-wise to the Revoltech figure?

Heavyarms   38 weeks 1 day ago
  • Bolt Gundam

This kit has its critics, but does anyone have any opinions about it?

quinncat   39 weeks 7 hours ago
  • I have a few observations, the first of which was made by Roanstalker: The Japanese release sold Ryuseioh and the Heavenly Qi Palace as both separate sets and the 5-piece set, same deal as the US RDT and Assault Team. It's similar to how in Zyranger, the Guardian Beasts were sold both as the DX Daizyujin and as three separate packages (Zyumammoth + Pteranodon, Triceratops + Saber Tiger, Tyrannosaurus). I believe the Dairanger line also had a DX KibaDaiOh boxed set.
    Second, if all is in order the Unicorn and Griffin at least [i]should[/i] be able to stick on at least semi-securely. The Lion is still out of luck
    Third, I think the combined mode of the four is supposed to represent Sun Wukong's cloud

ZeldaTheSwordsman   39 weeks 2 days ago
  • Highbrow

Your right it is fun! I like from both of our review images you can get some insight on where we make our reviews. I mean, I write them in my attic where the desk in my reviews is in!

quinncat   39 weeks 3 days ago
  • Guavian Enforcer

Those masks are literally targets for any snipers they're up against.

atom smasher   39 weeks 4 days ago
  • Highbrow

Thanks for the compliment, quinncat! I enjoy your reviews & pics too. Your preferred backdrop sets a sort of "toy/collectible" tone, which is a nice consistency. I'm in the same boat as you. I sort of go back and forth on what the background should be and how I should present my toys. And most of the time, I've got the same idea. That using whatever desk I'm at (work or home) with whatever I've got lying around just works and is fun.

Optimal III   39 weeks 4 days ago
  • 3AA WWR EMGY Dropcloth

I really like these figures, someday I will have to pick one up.

utilii kilts (not verified)   39 weeks 5 days ago