• Freddie Mercury

SAVIOR OF THE UNIVERSE

Jmann   6 hours 48 min ago
  • Freddie Mercury

Awesome bohemian.
    Now if only Bandai would make a Flash Gordon figure.

Rob   7 hours 47 min ago
  • Thanks!

I'm hoping that Bandai continues with on with making Garo figuarts, cause with how good this and the Ryuga Ver. looks it could end up as one gorgeous sub-line within figuarts.

Ohmygodiamonfire   17 hours 10 min ago
  • Great review! I decided to pass on him since I didn't care for the anime. But boy, is he gorgeous. Shame about the emoting face though.

Jmann   2 days 5 hours ago
  • Type-00R Takemikazuchi

We have to be strong in these difficult times.

VF5SS   2 days 7 hours ago
  • Type-00R Takemikazuchi

Ugh, that hurts just looking at the silhouettes.

Ohmygodiamonfire   2 days 10 hours ago
  • Type-00R Takemikazuchi

Yeah the old Hobby Stock page about these is still up.

You can see the teasers in the line up.

VF5SS   2 days 10 hours ago
  • Type-00R Takemikazuchi

Wait, we could have gotten a MiG-27 and didn't? Damn!

Who do I have to bribe to get Revoltech to start making these again?

Ohmygodiamonfire   2 days 11 hours ago
  • I was wondering that myself. Does anyone have any info on gx-70 mazinger? The last update i saw said it was either due next month or pre orders open next month. I can't remember which... Thanks

Jeremy B.   2 days 13 hours ago
  • More accurately, isn't this based on the pull-string toy that was actually in the show?

Tetsuryu   3 days 12 hours ago
  • SDCC 2016: Lionsgate

....that's just the same picture four times.

Tetsuryu   3 days 12 hours ago
  • I forgot William Winckler was behind reviving an 80's IP as this. The "Gigi" name used in the dub was what was used by Harmony Gold years before, as well as a number of other countries the show was sold to like France and Italy. I'm' sure it was WAY easier to say than Minky Momo all the time!

I will say though the show is a kids shows to start with, so any seriousness is out the window anyway, this show would've fit in perfectly on Nickelodeon's schedule back in the 80's had it gone the cable route. What America did get for years was the one OVA brought over by Harmony Gold that I feel was a "thank you video" to the fans of the show, and there were quite a lot of grown men who really liked Momo in much the same way bronies latched onto My Little Pony. Reminded of this fan-made film just now!

This was the Gigi I saw thanks to having found a copy of that tape at a Big Lots for a buck! Although you mention the serious tone of this one, I still thought it had a good balance with the wacky stuff thrown in as well, though I suppose for first time viewers, that could be one way we latched onto Minky Momo at all thanks to this.

Ironically, it looks as if Harmony Gold did dub the show anyway, as it was aired on a station in Melbourne, Australia, according to these YouTube vids, even doing the final episode when she gets killed by that truck (SPOILER!!!!), though now I wonder wonder if this is the same dub Winckler used or not.

Ironically, killing Momo off in the 80's wasn't enough, a new series was produced in 1991 that featured different designs for Momo's animal pals and another downer ending that would put Madoka Magica to shame!

As for Ashi Pro/Production Reed, I don't really have much to say about them, though they did work on that silly Mega Man cartoon for Ruby-Spears. Apparently they did get to do a 3-part Mega Man OVA that didn't involve those 'grown-up' designs, though these were merely edu-tainment videos teaching kids about Japan.

Chris@StudioToledo   4 days 1 hour ago
  • Optimus Prime

We've got their Megatron in-hand over where I work, and he is every bit as awesome (and huge, he takes up a third of his shelf.) These guys do good work, whether you love these designs or not, they're seriously impressive.

Thanks for the review, now I'm even more tempted to take him home with it!

Ace of the Rebellion   4 days 9 hours ago
  • Bluefin just saved me a bunch of money. I was going to import a Wordian set (the transforming letters) but it looks like they've taken care of it. Could Mojibakeru be next?

atom smasher   5 days 5 hours ago
  • RAcaseal Ver. Black

Great review! As a PSO loving guy I can happily elaborate on some of her accessories.

Her alternate head makes her look more like Shino who's from a famous quest line in the game. This is also why she comes with those two particular pistols which are the ones shes uses in her quest. The sword she comes with is probably in reference to her master Zoke Miyama.

The Mag she comes with is specifically a Sato, and the umbrella is the rare weapon Madam's Umbrella which is only usable by female character in game. Pretty cute to include though!

Dkun   5 days 7 hours ago
  • Quintero

I was hoping for a lot from these figures, but after seeing pictures of Hick and Hudson (and how they look NOTHING like the actors) I dismissed it pretty quickly. I could have accepted these as generic Marines from the Alien universe, but not at the price they're asking for these. Pretty disappointing. That helmet is not even accurate (to the movie at least) as there should be a flap in the back and on one side.

Heavyarms   5 days 13 hours ago
  • Rewind

This guy's a cutie and I love him. Just need Chromedome now so I can have them spoon together like the internet intended.

Dkun   5 days 18 hours ago
  • What I wanna know is, what happened to GX-70?

Tetsuryu   1 week 22 hours ago
  • Transitron'!!!!!!!!

TattooedRobot   1 week 1 day ago
  • This puts Madtoys' King of Beast to shame.

'Nuff said.

makaikishi   1 week 2 days ago
  • For late comers BBTS just put there preorders up late in the day. Everyone else got wiped out in about an hour at 2am.

I also just noticed it comes with two plates for the stand. a GoLion one and a Voltron one. Cool!

faelon   1 week 3 days ago
  • Very excited for this. I placed my pre order at 3am when the orders went live. Small correction...43万 Is 430,000, not 43 million.

Jeremy B.   1 week 3 days ago
  • Penbot (Bootleg)

Cheers!

kidchuckle   1 week 3 days ago
  • Sorry, it's instinctual.

atom smasher   1 week 4 days ago
  • Wow looks great. I have to say I am really excited about that Green Lion mouth. That's the most aggressive looking lion head in robot mode ever.

TattooedRobot   1 week 4 days ago