• I can't believe as hard to get and pricey as the PX-01X is that Bandai never put this one out. What a missed opportunity. Thankfully Evolution Toys moved on it.

Thanks guys. I waited a long time for this one.

Grandzinga   34 min 54 sec ago
  • I don't know why Bandai would never re-issue theirs, but at least someone (Evolution Toy) gets it.
    I agree about the lights but the cost savings over the SOC PX-01X allows you to easily ad lighting and have a lot of cash leftover. And these versions include the damn ships!! Ha Ha

Has anyone tried docking the SOC PX-01 in this head?

** check out Great Mazinger's Brain Condor by E.T. too kiddies.
    Now... do I hunt down the Black Versions too?

Grandzinga   42 min 40 sec ago
  • Kujinmaru

Nice pics. But as cool as it is I wish they'd give us some consistency. We have 3 of 4 Kings released and they decide to release Kujinmaru instead of kuohmaru? Oh well. I'm glad they're making Mashins.

Roanstalker   1 day 2 hours ago
  • Convoy (Optimus Prime)

@ Scarfang, yes, I think it's the same mold as the gold matrix that comes with the Galvatron reissue, this silver one being the original.

@ Yotsuyasan, good point and my apologies. That was something I thought about going into the review. But I couldn't think of a better way at the time to present it since I only have the one mish-mashed set. It's tempting to write to and assume most readers are familiar with a subject, but I try to write under the opposite assumption that most readers maybe aren't so familiar. Seems better for the sake of not skipping details. But I'll keep that in mind going forward. Good news is that this is the only toy I've got to blab about where this sort of thing is the case.

Optimal III   1 day 5 hours ago
  • Opens to reveal the detailed interior of the command center with... that man is playing Galaga!!!!

Rob   1 day 7 hours ago
  • That is one amazing looking Mad Titan!
    Funny though, this will be the only time you'll see Thanos standing for the next.. THREE YEARS...
    Seriously, after sitting for so long his feet must be so numb his legs have to be either dead or in a coma.

Rob   1 day 10 hours ago
  • Rising Gundam

EVA_Unit_4A   1 day 23 hours ago
  • Bazoler

Nice review.

Televex   2 days 1 hour ago
  • Kaga

I forgot if I've asked this before but will you be reviewing figma Shimakaze? Watching the anime now, I hope to see Naka, the idol one.

VZMK2   2 days 7 hours ago
  • Kujinmaru

I really need to see the anime this is based one, because I'm a fan of Mado King Granzort and Wataru the predecessor to that. Also the first OP "Step" is quite catchy.

VZMK2   2 days 7 hours ago
  • and there is another one to buy...=)

armorhide   2 days 18 hours ago
  • Mechagodzilla Bank

So Josh, would you say that this is certainly one vinyl worth putting your money in?

Tetsuryu   3 days 6 hours ago
  • Really enjoy the sentai/tokusatsu podcasts. My favorite line from this one was "Space Moses - he's basically a Jack Kirby character." Keep up the good work, folks. I'm off to give you an iTunes review.

djinniman37   3 days 10 hours ago
  • Plus if you hang it up at an angle and pose the Figuarts Goku in just the right way, you can reenact Vegeta's first defeat in the series. "Kaio-WHAT?"

atom smasher   3 days 21 hours ago
  • Kaga

I've watched two episodes of the boats, and it's earning a solid "meh" so far. But I just realized that Kaga's sis is voiced by Saki Fujita, which is kinda neat if you're a vocaloid fan. I wouldn't mind a crossover figure, a la Fei-Yen Miku HD!

Corduroy Bear   3 days 23 hours ago
  • No problem bro.

SuperRobotAddict   6 days 35 min ago
  • Convoy (Optimus Prime)

Wow, this review was confusing the hell out of me for much of it. I wish you'd been clear up front at the start of the review that it was a mish-mash of different versions rather than saving that tidbit as an afterthought almost at the end of the review. You introduced it as the one from Takara's Transformers Collections line, and then started showing a figure with blue tinted windows and blue eyes, and I was like, "What the hell?" Far as I knew, the only one like that was New Years Convoy, but that's not what you said it was! Until at the very end... suddenly, you revealed that that WAS what it was, with some accessories and the packaging of a different version.

Maybe this isn't a big deal to people who don't know their Optimus Primes / Convoys... but as someone who does, it seemed very disconcerting not having that stated up front.

Yotsuyasan   6 days 4 hours ago
  • Thank you for the clarification.

VF5SS   6 days 7 hours ago
  • This is the Z-Pro, Zona Hobby & HL Pro, Jeeg.
    Action Toys repackaged it, and is selling it as an Asian distribution exclusive.
    You can see more and HL Pro Japan's Facebook page.

SuperRobotAddict   6 days 7 hours ago
  • Convoy (Optimus Prime)

Do you think both of the matrixes are the same mold like the G1 Megaton gun and Dr. Archeville accessories that came with the various Masterpieces?

Scarfang_The_Slayer   6 days 20 hours ago
  • Kaga

I am not planning on getting any of the TakaraTomy figures. 1/12 scale is more my size.

VF5SS   1 week 4 hours ago
  • Kaga

Are you planning on getting any of the microman destroyers as well?

siningy   1 week 5 hours ago
  • Billbine

Phenomenal figure!

Love the sword effect as well, nice shading and love the transformation.

Looks like a winner on all levels.

LF

Showapop   1 week 8 hours ago
  • Did not know these existed, thanks for the heads up! Now, I'm off to check prices and availability on ebay :)

Gazbot   1 week 17 hours ago
  • It's tough to pick a favorite from this fantastic collection of acronyms and names, but I'm going with...
    ... Space Mammy!