• That depends entirely on whether you consider buying the same mold twice just because of different paintjob worth another 200~ dollars.

Tetsuryu   4 hours 14 min ago
  • Of course you don’t need the repaint, but you might regret not buying it when you had the chance.

That's the hard life of a toy collector.

mikespiegel   1 day 4 hours ago
  • Yeah, they just don't make good Bootlegs like they used to, but it was still nice to have found him though. The bootleg Combaticon/Arialbot 2-packs were unable to combine. The pegs were molded into their bodies, there were no holes for fists/foot platforms, and the robot heads were completely flat! (btw this review was kinda sorta a lame attempt at trying to be funny. Lol)

Scarfang_The_Slayer   1 day 4 hours ago
  • ES Gokin Shin Getter 1

Yep, that Shin getter is not amused.

mikespiegel   1 day 4 hours ago
  • Yeah that was a let down, but at least it's nice to have a mold of the figure (albeit altered)

Scarfang_The_Slayer   1 day 4 hours ago
  • ES Gokin Shin Getter 1

That face really isn't working for me. All I can see is Grumpy Cat.

atom smasher   1 day 6 hours ago
  • This is no Messala, boy... no matter what the knees might indicate otherwise.

atom smasher   1 day 6 hours ago
  • I have an older bootleg Landcross that is just a straight reproduction of the G1 toy complete with all the weapons. It's sad to see him in such a simplified state.

VF5SS   1 day 8 hours ago
  • Thats kind of disappointing they retooled it. The appeal of landcross to me was always the large number of combinations you could do with the six of them.

siningy   1 day 11 hours ago
  • I've got the original, surely I don't need this repaint?

...right?

stubbietubbie   1 day 14 hours ago
  • Strongest Warrior

The actual molds seem to be new, but the team takes its inspiration from the Wreckers in Dark of the Moon. Red Guy has Topspin's claw arms combined with Leadfoot's gut and head, while Green Guy looks like Roadbuster. Yellow doesn't really fit in but they might've just given up by that point.

atom smasher   1 day 19 hours ago
  • Wow! This so cool!.. Awesome collections. I really love sentai!. thanks a lot for sharing this. Looking forward to read more of your awesome blogs here. Keep posting!!!

Please check out~~~
    cheap instagram likes

emilyswan   2 days 3 hours ago
  • Grimlock

Both of those heads were featured in the cartoon. The one with the rounder face was the early design before Grimlock started looking more like his toy. I guess they only gave the latter a red visor to differentiate and make it the figure based one. It'd be cool if you could have blue visors on both though.

VF5SS   2 days 7 hours ago
  • Otomonin 01- Paonmaru

I still think these look ridiculous but it has a certain charm to it that I find really funny. Plus its a dude sitting in a chair on a robot wearing a hat. The nininger stuff kind of reminds me of the older Mugenbine toys with how everything seems to be slapped together.

Since chinese people generally have nicknames that double part of your surname, a lot of my family members call me ningning. Everytime I see the word ninninger, I think the series is just trolling me.

siningy   2 days 7 hours ago
  • Motormaster

There's a third party Motormaster coming out called Lone Wolf. It doesn't come with new fists and feet, and I'm wondering if they'll release a trailer with that function.

atom smasher   2 days 9 hours ago
  • Grimlock

Is the gold chest plastic or metal?

VZMK2   2 days 10 hours ago
  • Motormaster

It's great to see that the new official Stunticons have turned out so well. I suspect Combiner Wars may be more of a place holder until the next live-action movie hits, but I'm curious to see how far Hasbro and Takara will take this. Will we see new takes on the Predacons, Technobots, Trainbots, Terrorcons, or Seacons? Pretender Monsters? Multiforce? Dinoforce? Brainmasters? Breastforce? All things that could and perhaps should happen.

Optimal III   2 days 13 hours ago
  • We'll have to wait and see.

VF5SS   2 days 19 hours ago
  • But, is this going to be released by Bluefin as well?

Tetsuryu   3 days 2 hours ago
  • Optimus Prime

That looks great.

VZMK2   3 days 4 hours ago
  • VF-1D Valkyrie

Not sure if everyone is referring to this specific paint job or not, but if they aren't, then yes, the VF-1D does appear in more than just the first 3 episodes. It appears again when Max & Miriya/Millia get married, and it's the fighter they use for both their wedding and the ensuing battle that follows.

That always miffed me, that Yamato did a "Virgin Road" VF-1D in Max's colors. But then I watched all of Robotech again a few years ago, and yup, there it is.

Optimal III   3 days 12 hours ago
  • Optimus Prime

I wasn't expecting him to be that small, but he's definitely clean and sharp. Much more affordable than the $800 version that came out a while ago.

Optimal III   3 days 13 hours ago
  • Otomonin 01- Paonmaru

Thanks for the info. I missed the fact that there are recesses under each hand.

SentaiSeiya   3 days 15 hours ago
  • Otomonin 01- Paonmaru

You can actually fit the controls into the robot's hands when in throne mode. I found the most effective thing to do is separate the elephant head from the body, get the body seated, move the control levers into position, then reconnect the elephant head.

I tend to stereotype Bandai of America as skimping in paint apps, but I suspect Bandai Japan may've pulled something similar here. It looks like the design on the back legs was supposed to continue onto the front legs/arms. (I also suspect the intended design might have not painted the haunch area; maybe the fringe detail below instead?)

Jetman Purple   4 days 12 hours ago
  • Very cool and $8 is a steal! As you know, my girlfriend has been in the market for these and just scored the Dr. Bunsen Honeydew and Beaker as R2D2 and C-3PO on eBay today. We picked up the Rizzo as Yoda at the Southcoast Toy and Comic show a couple weeks back too.

NekroDave   4 days 13 hours ago