• I kinda like the designs for this series even though I haven't seen the anime because they have that trapezoidal look of Zeta Gundam era MS.

VZMK2   3 hours 2 min ago
  • DX Shurikenjin

It definitely nice to have a Super Sentai toy line that can break away to break from the need to have all the toys be part of a set theme. I can't wait to see what is coming after Bison King and SurferMaru!

SentaiSeiya   5 hours 46 min ago
  • Masque Superman

No one knows. He is an enigma. The sherbet protector in the darkness.

Jmann   10 hours 5 min ago
  • Masque Superman

or is he a grass hopper? I can't tell, those colors they are so blinding!

Rob   15 hours 56 min ago
  • Love this movie, that's all I have to say!

Chris@StudioToledo   1 day 5 hours ago
  • DX Shurikenjin

Wow, I really like the un-cohesiveness of the individual mecha. This is ....wow. I really like it compared to Toqger, maybe even more than Kyoryuger, which says a lot because I really love dinosaurs.

Autobot Alex   1 day 7 hours ago
  • I'm really interested in this line, mostly for the Gundams because the proportions are different from the usual SD kits, but this guy looks neat. GaoGaiGar too.

Autobot Alex   1 day 11 hours ago
  • Great news!!!

Showapop   1 day 11 hours ago
  • DX Shurikenjin

Interesting. I was not aware there was a concept behind theme of the mechas. I though they were just trying something that was outside of the box by having a mishmash of vehicles, animals and the ninja guy. Thanks for the info!

SentaiSeiya   2 days 5 hours ago
  • DX Shurikenjin

Thanks boss man.

SentaiSeiya   2 days 5 hours ago
  • Neo Getter 1

I got a couple of Aoshima Getters from an HLJ sale a few years back. When I opened up the New Getter 1, his head was entirely covered in melted styrofoam :P I managed to scrape most of it off, but boy that was annoying!

RobotBastard   2 days 6 hours ago
  • Sounds like Warren Ellis's rant about the Apple Watch:

RobotBastard   2 days 7 hours ago
  • DX Shurikenjin

At first I was turned off by the robot appearance until I learned the motif of the mecha design, Cool Japan. It's a concept of japan becoming a world superpower and... I'll just let this excerpt from Wikipedia explain the rest:

"...She (Toei Company producer Naomi Takebe) also brought up the nature of the series' robot, which has what initially appears to be a lack of unifying theme in its components: a humanoid robot, a dragon, a dump truck, a dog, and a train. She said that the Super Sentai series had long been keeping with these motifs in the robots, but the series' special effects director Hiroshi Butsuda had grown bored of these themes and felt the show would benefit from picking major themes from the franchise's past. Takebe also said that she hoped that the multiple components of the robot would be in line with the tenets of Cool Japan: the humanoid robot represents budō, the dog emphasizes "kawaii", the truck and train represent Japanese technology while the dragon, which is a European dragon, shows the influence on Japanese culture from abroad."

Astronopolis   2 days 13 hours ago
  • In a panic I pre-ordered this when the first batch sold out fast on AmiAmi (no surprise) and a second window of orders appeared.

Don't need it since I've got all the SRC GGG heroes already, but proper transforming ones? Ugh, okay then!

stubbietubbie   2 days 16 hours ago
  • Neo Getter 1

These older "new wave" gokins were fun enough, but they lacked the refinement of Bandai's SOC line. The closest equivalent I can think of now is the Fewture EX gokin line - not the huge diecasts, but the smaller Transformers Diecast, or the recent CM Corp's ones.

JoshB   2 days 17 hours ago
  • DX Shurikenjin

I dunno, I haven't felt a Super Sentai series in a while, and this just doesn't do it for me. I appreciate that they are doing something different though. Great review.

JoshB   2 days 17 hours ago
  • Did I seriously say "squiggy" when I meant to say "Googie?"

metalorchid   3 days 44 min ago
  • Neo Getter 1

Lately I'm finding myself searching out these older gokins over their contemporary Gokin offerings. New stuff like Bandai's SRC line is better articulated and engineered, but their size is diminutive, and unlike older Gokin toys, they really don't at all feel special. I'm curious to see if in the near future there will be a renewed interest in these older toys.

I've gotta say, I've enjoyed my recent purchases of Aoshima's Getters over anything I've bought in the SRC line. It's too bad that if someone wants a 'real' modern Gokin toy, they've basically gotta go the high-end route with something like Fewture's (over priced) EX Gokins.

There's just no real middle ground anymore...

north-exit   3 days 23 hours ago
  • Black Zarak

Haha, don't worry, he was standing right there.

Ginrai   3 days 23 hours ago
  • The dragon, ninja and dog make sense. The train is "almost" forgiveable. The dump truck is a WTF. The exposed pilot concept and this figure are gold.

Just wish they did the same with the other zords.

ivanko   4 days 18 hours ago
  • Black Zarak

You mean someone borrowed you theirs and let you transform it?

I think that makes them even *braver*!

Tetsuryu   4 days 21 hours ago
  • I don't care if the Red guy has diecast, the combined robot's still looks like a big piece of crap.

makaikishi   5 days 43 min ago
  • I prefer simple-designed robots without the unnecessary auxiliary mecha than what Bandai is offering for the last 9 years. Good thing I stopped collecting DX Super Sentai mecha, with Bandai's over-reliance of auxiliary mechas to create retarded-looking combinations.

Truly, I missed those days when robot design mattered than collecting an absurd amount of mechas.

makaikishi   5 days 3 hours ago
  • HGBF Gundam Tryon 3

I see where I misread it--the design is by Okawara, but Obari animated the combination sequences for the anime (they even have the same green forcefield tunnel as the SRX combination).

atom smasher   5 days 3 hours ago
  • Black Zarak

It's too bad Cybertron Dark Scorponok is so short! No GPS on that one, I assume?

Ginrai   5 days 4 hours ago