• The mini shuttle is from a KO Sixwing set I have. I just felt like taking pics of the shuttles together. Lol. I don't have that set reviewed yet, but I do have a review of an over sized Sixwing set if you're interested in taking a look at it. Unfortunately no combiner pieces were included. http://collectiondx.com/toy_review/bootleg/oversized_sixwing

Scarfang_The_Slayer   10 hours 3 min ago
  • This Millennium concept repaint is actually a reference to the artwork Yuji Sakai made for one of the Godzilla: Final Wars movie posters which used that same design in classic Godzilla colors. It has since been made into a resin kit as well.

netkid   17 hours 48 min ago
  • I just saw scans of a hobby magazine..

A Full Armor Upgrade is coming... as a Premium Bandai Online Exclusive.

This is officially the MOST. EXPENSIVE. Perfect Grade Ever!

Rob   22 hours 58 min ago
  • HA! I love this series.

The "Knock Off" gets an Official release! I really want to see it come with an assortment of V-crests and Commanders Horns like they have on the show.

Rob   23 hours 10 sec ago
  • Can you do anything with the mini shuttle? I see some type of joint/lime. Mine didn't include one.

Demonseed   1 day 7 hours ago
  • Arcee

She looks great, and I'm sure I'm going to buy one when they finally hit retail around here...but I'm not sure if she'll replace the Animated Arcee on my "ultimate TF" shelf. It's going to be really hard to top that design.

spencer1984   1 day 12 hours ago
  • Instead of time-consuming toy reviews, why not be our Japanese tour guide? You could post reviews and pics of all the cool places and things to do in the country. Not only would it allow us a look into Japan, but you'd get great experiences out of it. We could even send suggestions your way and you could go give them a try! Be our Traveling Uncle Matt!

My suggestions: Go visit the giant Gundam and Tetsujin-28 statues.

netkid   1 day 20 hours ago
  • So very jealous. Make the most of your time there, and don't forget to have fun!

JoshB   1 day 21 hours ago
  • ....

MOTHER OF GOD.

RobertG22   2 days 5 hours ago
  • It's a really good sentai with more emphasis on the human element than others.

Other things to note

-The battle between heroes and villians is alot more personal. The lieutenants to the big villian of the series are former friends of the heroes and the story frequently plays on a grudge between them.

-The villians (in the form of the main antagonist) are the ones with a mentor figure. The heroes are mostly on their own.

Awesome set of episodes. I love when you guys talk about toku. :D

G.K.   2 days 9 hours ago
  • The Crow

The Crow means a lot to me, too, so I want this one (as well as most of the others in the line, for that matter). WARNING: Boring personal stuff ahead! LOL Anyway, I'm the youngest of 3 brothers so when I was growing up, most of the stuff that I was introduced to, I found out from my older brothers. They had the most influence on me. But when I was about 12ish, a friend of one of my brothers started to introduce me to all sorts of stuff I had never heard of before, particularly in the areas of music , books, and comics. The dude became sort of a mentor for me and we really hit it off (years later, my brother would confess to me that he was actually jealous of this). Anyway, among the things he told me about was indie comics and I remember actually being with him in the comic shop the day I first bought Calibur Comics #1 (the Crow's first appearance) and iirc, Crow #1 at the same time. We both became big fans and I used to annoy the hell out of the poor guy who worked at the New England Comics in Quincy, asking him every Friday if the new Crow was out. Issue 4 in particular took forever to be released and when it was, he was like "Here's your damn Crow!". LOL. Eventually he was forced to move away but we kept in contact via writing words on pieces of paper and sending them to each other in the mail. (These were called "letters" for you younger folks. LOL) The very last letter I got from him (and still have) actually mentions how he lost his Crow comics but heard about how issue 5 was finally coming out in a different format from a different company. I don't know if he ever got to read it though because the next time I saw him, it was on the news after he committed suicide in a prison cell after being arrested for the murder of his girlfriend. I have no idea what lead to that but unfortunately, he came from a pretty messed up background and I don't think anyone who knew him was surprised his life ended early and under bad circumstances. But he still had a huge impact on me and is someone I miss to this day. So I still think of him whenever I think of the Crow.

NekroDave   2 days 16 hours ago
  • Sort of like the second "G" in "garage". I've seen it written out as "dzh".

RobotBastard   2 days 19 hours ago
  • Big Dai X

What is your opinion of it F-ZeroOne?

Mark M   2 days 21 hours ago
  • Big Dai X

Very disappointing piece. It looks nice enough at a glance and it is awesome that a new Dai X has been released but it really is not a piece I would as much as I love Star Fleet X Bomber. For the price I would expect this to be much larger with better features.
    If anything maybe this will inspire Bandai or another company to finally do Big Dai X justice.

Mark M   2 days 21 hours ago
  • I wonder if the core fighter is actually integrated into the Gundam rather than being a separate piece like a lot of other HG's.

Autobot Alex   3 days 1 hour ago
  • So the Side A/Side B thing is I am limited by file size. I can't have files larger than 100 MB on CDX. So that means if the show goes over a certain length I either have to cut it in half or make the audio quality really garbage by compressing it to death. We've been talking a lot lately. OOPS.

Also re: pronunciation, when I took Japanese in college they did say it was a very slightly "z" noise but really less like a "z "and more like a sort of weakly enunciated "j". ANYWAY Zyuranger makes Americans want to call it "zooranger" which is totally wrong. Though if we're making sense, we should just call it Beastranger.

Destroy All Pod...   3 days 5 hours ago
  • Arcee

She looks just perfect, in my opinion! Gonna have to get this one.

RobertG22   3 days 6 hours ago
  • The Crow

The accessory is the weathervane that Eric fights the crime boss with at the end of the film because (as I'm sure you know, but I want to bitch) they couldn't leave the fantastic story of unrelenting vengeance alone when the comic was adapted, and instead introduced a typical movie bad guy with the ability to make the hero vulnerable for a yawnworthy final battle.

Corduroy Bear   3 days 9 hours ago
  • Aside from USA's "Night Flight" (the sort of pre-Adult Swim of it's day I suppose you could say), Dynaman somehow found it's way to Nickelodeon during it's weekend "Special Delivery" block once.

Chris@StudioToledo   3 days 13 hours ago
  • "Hi!

Glad you liked our discussion! Yeah, I am huge MST3K dork and excited for the upcoming Rifftrax Live for Anaconda. I totally think KTMA is underrated.

Me too. These guys were just starting out, the rules hadn't been set in stone, let alone nailed down like those sets. It has that sort of slightly bewildered quality of very young people just figuring out this concept in criticizing a film in the only way they knew best.

"Haha! You should probably romanize it as Jyuranger, not Jewranger!

Mr. Haim Saban wouldn't like that one bit!

I can see why they changed it. Of course when I learned Japanese once in college, we had to pronounce that sound with a "Z" somewhat.

P.S. Whoops! I accidentally hit publish on a future podcast I was in the middle of preparing. Everything should be correct on it when it's actually published. My bad!

I was going to say something over why you've been doing these Side A/B splits in the reviews lately, but I suppose I don't need to know the answer.

Chris@StudioToledo   3 days 13 hours ago
  • I watched this show when I was a kid and liked it. While I doubt I will ever get this, I am far more interested in it than, say, any Sailor Moon Figuarts.

MadDemon64   3 days 17 hours ago
  • Ugh, so instead of being rewarded with a new accessory pack (that might've included the ax, scrander, alternative battle damage head and mechanical horse) for those who bought the first edition, we'r getting a reissue of the same figure with a single new accessory.

I get that there are a lot of people who missed out on the first edition, but a robot like Mazinkaiser SKL deserves more accessories, especially since he had so many to use during his short 3-episode OVA run.

Mazinkaizer   3 days 19 hours ago
  • So now that this is shown after Max Factory showed their prototype for their figma Sakura, maybe the reverse will happen and MF will announce a figma of Honoka froM Love Live since a S.H. Figuart (which looks like crap) was shown of that.

VZMK2   3 days 21 hours ago
  • I loved this episode! I am a big fan of Power Rangers/Sentai and hearing about this gem from the pre-PR era was great. I actually watched a random episode of Jetman I found on Youtube. It was pretty good, the team fought shadow versions of themselves. The next episode preview showed a caveman episode or some such, which would probably have been a lot of fun to watch too.

I bought a bootleg DVD of the USA Network Dynaman a few years ago. It struck me as being more weird than funny, but I have to admit hearing Huey Lewis & The News and Robert Palmer over fight scenes was delightful. May have to watch them again to pay more attention to the jokes which would never be told today.

If you are looking to watch some newer Power Rangers stuff, I'd recommend Time Force. Most fans rank it near the top, and it has some really interesting characters and storylines. Another bonus is this series was the last to mainly use models and suits instead of CG, so it looks great.

I was surprised you all left Beetleborgs out of your discussion of VR Troopers, etc. It came around a bit later than the initial PR craze but I think it was pretty good. The heroes were younger than in PR, and there were lots more goofy elements, but it had a "comic books come to life" theme that really worked. I am curious to watch some of the B-Fighter stuff it was based on, as I am sure it is quite different.

Anyway, thanks for the great episode, let's hear about some more sentai stuff soon!

djinniman37   3 days 23 hours ago
  • Hi!

Haha! You should probably romanize it as Jyuranger, not Jewranger! Zyuranger is based on weird old outdated romanization that nobody really uses much anymore because it doesn't really convey what it actually sounds like.

Destroy All Pod...   4 days 6 hours ago