• Fortress Maximus

You nailed it when you said "under-engineered". @ $150, he's good but not enough to ignore the flaws. I like robot mode, but hate that he's a retool of FoC Metroplex, because he inherited the mediocre knees & hips. Ship mode is fine, but city mode is disappointing. It didn't have to be a redo of the original, but as is, it's lazy. And the Takara version's better sound FX & master swords only help so much.

Regarding the different heads for Cerebros, it gave them one more tweak for the SDCC version, which comes with the G1 toy/Headmasters-style head.

All that said, I will be excited for Grand Maximus if he breaks 3,000 for pre-orders. That pretender shell for Gran actually looks really cool.

Optimal III   26 weeks 6 days ago
  • Fortress Maximus

That's interesting! I don't even know why they went with that American G1 head sculpt for cerebros in the first place!

quinncat   26 weeks 6 days ago
  • Monster Hunter Ralph

Seems like this whole line is also a homage to the 90's Playmates line where all the characters also got decked as various Universal monsters?

Tetsuryu   27 weeks 5 hours ago
  • Fortress Maximus

It's kind of weird that they went with a toy accurate face for Fort Max but with a cartoon/comic accurate face for Cerebros. Not that there's that big of a difference, but when it comes to "American" Fort Max, I always think of the goggled face.

Tetsuryu   27 weeks 5 hours ago
  • Vampire Ralph
    LOL

I wondered about the wisdom of arming a vampire with wooden stakes myself. Maybe he's in disguise as a vampire so he can get close to stake them.

Heavyarms   27 weeks 18 hours ago
  • Twinferno

Also, I'm a little soft on the figures I review, but soon I'll be doing more bootlegs, so I'll really have some stuff to complaint about :)

quinncat   27 weeks 1 day ago
  • Twinferno

Yeah the tail on mine doesn't fit together very well either!

quinncat   27 weeks 1 day ago
  • Twinferno

i wanted to like him but i think hes pretty bad. the dragon arms don't have enough articulation to really do anything so he can only hold the guns all awkwardly and the dragon mode is kinda poorly designed. especially the way the tail tabs into the body.

siningy   27 weeks 1 day ago
  • Twinferno

I think this figure is pretty good, but I don't know how much better the Takara one is. Is the extra paint and stuff on legends doublecross worth the money to you guys?

quinncat   27 weeks 1 day ago
  • Kyrieloid

This guy is very cool. I own a bunch of Ultra Act Ultramen but no kaiju yet. I may just get this guy.

InkdKaiju72   27 weeks 3 days ago
  • Mega Man X Full Armor

Hello, I'm new here.
    I wonder if the items shown are for display only or are available for sale.
    Does this item: "Mega Man X Full Armor" (BANDAI / D-ARTS) is available for sale?
    Thankyou

olecramcm   27 weeks 5 days ago
  • Gundam Bael

Good review, interesting design. Definitely looks like a Gundam, but the colors & backpack remind me of Tallgeese III.

Optimal III   28 weeks 1 day ago
  • Starscream

Honestly I didn't know that! I know it's not the figure's fault, but that makes me like it a little less!

That's another example of a misstep in the aligned continuity trying and failing to fit together into a cohesive narrative! Really hasbro, Do we really have to pretend that wfc/foc are canon with Prime and rid2015?

Sorry for the little rant there, that just really frustrates me!

quinncat   28 weeks 4 days ago
  • Starscream

All the gaps are annoying, but I like the backpack design. It's a good look. I haven't watched any of RID yet though, so I'm feeling mixed. Starscream's apparent death at the end of Prime was the perfect end for this version of the character, so I'm disappointed he's back in less than impressive fashion.

Optimal III   28 weeks 4 days ago
  • Starscream

My opinions on this figure are pretty mixed! So, does anyone have any concrete
    Good or bad feelings about it?

quinncat   28 weeks 4 days ago
  • Blastwave

Yeah good point, he doesn't really make an attempt to look like his show model!

quinncat   29 weeks 2 days ago
  • Blastwave

He's definitely one of the better looking RID figures, and despite the hollow legs & arms, looks more complete than most of his peers. I think he'd be better served looking like his on-screen version instead of a Bludgeon repaint, but so be it.

Optimal III   29 weeks 2 days ago
  • Blastwave

Since bludgeon hasn't really come out in America yet, what do you guys think about blastwave?

quinncat   29 weeks 2 days ago
  • Fhreihterpan

I found a freighterpan in the same packaging in about 2011 where the limbs have more functionality! They all transform the same as the G1 except breakdown and drag strips legs don't extend. Other than that, same packaging! In about 2013 I found the one you reviewed here too!

quinncat   29 weeks 6 days ago
  • As much as I didn't care about the content in the last couple of years I'm still sad to see this go. My first podcast ever was the Macross 7 podcast. It then branched me over to AWO, GME, and others. Those first 50 podcasts were some of my favorites ever. Wish he would've ended on something better than this.

sandman14   30 weeks 1 day ago
  • (This video contains adult language and ramblings seasoned with sarcasm!)

EVA_Unit_4A   30 weeks 1 day ago
  • Gelbros J3

According to the box and the foot stamp, the name isn't Gelbros J3 but Cerberus J3 (ケルベロス Keruberosu). However, in the actual anime its name was Gerberus J3 (ゲルベロス). It's 'cause he has three heads.

interchange   30 weeks 3 days ago
  • Trans Jets Giant

The Chinese on the box calls it 超合体 無敵鐵金剛 (Super Combination Invincible Iron Vajra). "Invincible Iron Vajra" is Mazinger Z's name in Taiwan. Also, the text is written in traditional Chinese characters instead of simplified characters, so this bootleg is probably from Taiwan rather than the People's Republic of China.

interchange   30 weeks 3 days ago
  • Combat King

The Chinese translated as "combat king" is 战神 (zhan shen) which actually means "god of war."

"Combat King" would be 战斗王 (Zhandou Wang) in Chinese.

interchange   30 weeks 3 days ago
  • Warrior Voltron

The toy's name isn't "Warrior Voltron," but "Future Hero Voltron Skateboard" (미래용사 볼트론 스케이트보드). "Future Hero Voltron" was the name of the Korean dub of Voltron: Defender of the Universe.

interchange   30 weeks 3 days ago