• Alpha Trion

Scourge retool wouldn't be bad at all! Kind of like botcon devcon

quinncat   37 weeks 9 hours ago
  • Chromedome

Yeah, those legends titan masters have so much paint too!

quinncat   37 weeks 1 day ago
  • Hardhead

The second picture of hardhead in robot mode should've been one of his titan master standing at his feet like in the blurr, chromedome, scourge and the upcoming highbrow reviews

quinncat   37 weeks 1 day ago
  • Chromedome

Agreed on the lackluster paint for the Titan Master. I was let down by that when the first wave's TR figures were actually painted.

IDW's More Than Meets the Eye is probably my favorite piece of TF fiction after Beast Wars and Transformers: Animated. I highly recommend it to anyone who says they may start reading it.

Heavyarms   37 weeks 1 day ago
  • Galvatron

I know! That megatron looks great, and so does it's blitzwing remold. I'm really excited for both of them!

quinncat   37 weeks 1 day ago
  • Galvatron

While Titans Return Galvatron's a good toy, I prefer Titans Return Megatron. The "jet mode" of Galvatron was like an afterthought from the designer.

makaikishi   37 weeks 2 days ago
  • Alpha Trion

Seeing as we've never officially seen his alt-mode in G1 he'd be a Monoformer, OR a retool of Scourge.

Rob   37 weeks 3 days ago
  • Alpha Trion

Are you people happy with this rendition of Alpha Trion for classics, or would you want a more g1 accurate version?

quinncat   37 weeks 4 days ago
  • Sumilidon

I want a new peppercat too! D arts or a kotobukiya kit perhaps?

quinncat   37 weeks 4 days ago
  • Sumilidon

I watched it on and off and don't remember too much about when it aired in the US, but later on I watched a good amount of Medarot when it was streaming for free on NicoNico. I really liked it, because I like unabashedly goofy hobby anime. I would also like a modern Peppercat figure.

SpaceRunaway   37 weeks 4 days ago
  • Galvatron

Definitely better.

Optimal III   37 weeks 6 days ago
  • "…Wait- this is a dinosaur?"

I remember having a similar reaction when I first saw it. I'd read about it on TV Tropes, went to the linked clip expecting something saurian-looking (or perhaps a Godhorn homage). And instead what I saw... It to me looked more like a shark with legs! I didn't see a dinosaur when I looked at the "head", I saw a great white shark's head and dorsal fin! And the ornamentation on the legs (especially the pair that make the helmet) also looked like fins to me.

ZeldaTheSwordsman   38 weeks 1 hour ago
  • Sumilidon

Anyone reading this like Medabots?

quinncat   38 weeks 5 hours ago
  • Galvatron

Thanks for the suggestions!

I'm kinda torn on this figure b/c of the mask, but I think I really like it otherwise! You think it's better or worse than age of extinction galvatron?

quinncat   38 weeks 5 hours ago
  • I'm fairly certain that the reasons for the metallic paintjob were: "Let's bling this up because it's a convention exclusive" and "Give the figures something special to differentiate from the vanilla releases that adult collectors might have already imported"

That said, a metallic paintjob is a fairly solid idea for a Ranger figure, since the actual show suits are metallic (aside from the helmets)

ZeldaTheSwordsman   38 weeks 5 hours ago
  • I believe he's talking about the little teardrop point at the back of Blue's helmet. He's saying that to his eyes, the Figuarts sculpt made it too big and that the metallic paintjob emphasizes that all the more

ZeldaTheSwordsman   38 weeks 5 hours ago
  • Galvatron

I like the jet mode, since it's fairly close to the gun mode of the original toy. But yes, blah on the included helmet. I haven't bought it for him yet, but the Reprolabels set includes a replacement 3D-printed helmet that looks a lot better.

Optimal III   38 weeks 10 hours ago
  • Galvatron

There are also some sellers on Shapeways who have come up with a helmet that makes the Titan Master head look more like Galvatron.

Everyone I know hates Galvatron's fighter jet mode, but I really like it. It reminds me of an Arwing from Star Fox.

Heavyarms   38 weeks 12 hours ago
  • Galvatron

You could do what some others have done and remove the mask entirely and attach it to the titan master.

Tetsuryu   38 weeks 13 hours ago
  • The original version has the same problem of tabbing together. To help with this, the feet are supposed to slide and tab together. I don't recall if this is on any of the instructions, but I do remember figuring it out while fiddling with my original one.

gerwakun   38 weeks 3 days ago
  • Blurr

I've not traditionally been a huge Transformers guy but I've been picking up some of these figures using my TRU Rewards points and have been pleasantly surprised at how much I've enjoyed them. I think I've got 7 or 8 at this point, including Blur that I just got the other day. I agree that it's a great little figure that is better than it looks at first glance. And it's the only character that I just happen to also own a vintage version of, too.

One other thing about this line that appeals to me lately is the trading cards. I find myself wanting to get them all just for the cards! LOL

NekroDave   38 weeks 5 days ago
  • Enzi

Here's some boring Japanese info.
    So you'll occasionally see tu, du, si, and ti in Japanese romanization. This comes from an older style of transliteration, so it's not wrong per se, just a little out of date. The thing is though, on Japanese word processing software all these spellings still work; "tu" and "du" still write つ and づ, and in fact du is still the only way to enter this character most would romanize as "zu" (one of them). If you're using an English keyboard to type Japanese the two letter versions of the three letter syllables are a little more convenient just since they're shorter.

Also I'm typing this on a Japanese keyboard but I still use romaji for Japanese word processing because this layout makes no sense to me.

SpaceRunaway   39 weeks 3 days ago
  • Ok now that is a huge bit of news, very quietly delivered.

faelon   39 weeks 6 days ago
  • Ugh! Other pictures showing the anime colored version look great. But that Metalic? Thank you no! And once again HLP hits their magic MSRP of "I will not buy it at that price!" Talk to me when it hits discout at $100.

faelon   40 weeks 1 day ago
  • Battle Fever Robo

Just a long term follow up comment. Mine is normally on a high back shelf of my display cabinet. I had it down dusting and cleaning this weekend, and yeah, the rubber neck is worrying me a bit. I don't think it is aging well.

faelon   40 weeks 2 days ago