- Name: Mothra 2004
- Release Date:
- Toy Line:
- Char. Design:
- Toy Design:
- SRP:¥ 840
Review by JoshB
Mothra is one of those legendary monsters of Japanese cinema. Not just limited to being a Godzilla Kaiju, she has also appeared in his own series of movies. In fact, Mothra has appeared in 13 kaiju flicks!
* Mothra (1961)
* Mothra vs. Godzilla (1964)
* Ghidorah, the Three-Headed Monster (1964)
* Godzilla vs. the Sea Monster (1966)
* Destroy All Monsters (1968)
* Godzilla and Mothra: The Battle for Earth (1992)
* Godzilla vs. SpaceGodzilla (1994)
* Rebirth of Mothra (1996)
* Rebirth of Mothra II (1997)
* Rebirth of Mothra III (1998)
* Godzilla, Mothra and King Ghidorah: Giant Monsters All-Out Attack (2001)
* Godzilla: Tokyo SOS (2003)
* Godzilla: Final Wars (2004)
Thank you very much Wikipedia!
Despite having such an impressive filmography, Mothra is often not even remembered by the casual movie fan. Well maybe as that "Flying Bug" or something. I never liked or appreciated Mothra until I got older and re-watched the classic 1961 film. Those damn peanuts stole my heart, I tell you. Now, because of my adult fanboyism coupled with my kids loving the hell out of Mothra from Godzilla: Final Wars, Mothra is the bomb again.
This particular Mothra figure is from the 2005 series of soft vinyl toys called "Movie Monsters". It's as she appears in the 2004 movie Godzilla: Final Wars.
This figure does just about nothing. I mean, you can move her head, but thats about it. Paint detail is sharp but the vinyl is pretty soft, giving the toy the consistency of a dog's chew toy.
Mothra can be had pretty cheaply, and looks good hanging from your ceiling. If you don't have a Mothra in your collection, you just need one, on principle alone.
|Posted 8 April, 2009 - 08:43 by JoshB|