• Wheelie

I love the movie and the post-movie episodes and even I can't be impressed by the design.

Barring Hot Rod (and obviously Ultra Magnus), pretty much all the movie-based characters made for rather underwhelming toys. Probably because unlike all the other characters before and after, the animation models were made first and then the toy engineers had to figure out how to convert them into toys.

Tetsuryu   2 years 39 weeks ago
  • I don't know if you know or care, but the official Bandai Tamashii Youtube page has the Dairugger XV anime with English subtitles. They're also putting up the original Wataru anime there.

VZMK2   2 years 39 weeks ago
  • I'm super happy with mine. No design quibbles at all. Maybe a little back heavy if not mindful of posing, but it's easy to avoid. Would have been cool if it had swords in different colors like the Miracle Works toy.

But basically all wow. So happy it holds together so solid too. Having issues with both of my MW sets had me a little wary, and Bandai isn't infallible. But they got it all right this time.

Optimal III   2 years 39 weeks ago
  • Deluxe Mega Voyager

This was the first Power Rangers toy I bought for my son way back when. We played and played and played with it. Several years later, the arm assembly of the yellow spaceship broke, and it was more than super glue could fix. I contacted Bandai and they sent a free replacement. It's really unusual, as it didn't have the factory applied stickers. The kid was pretty excited when his first Megazord got fixed!

djinniman37   2 years 41 weeks ago
  • Lando Calrissian

A shame that this figure and Star Wars toys nowadays are such peg-warmers despite utilizing the face-printing technology. Maybe Lucasfilm should just re-do the figures of the characters from Episodes 1-6 instead of hammering down with the sequel trilogy.

makaikishi   2 years 43 weeks ago
  • ST Bio Man

I've always wondered why some of the names of the Godaikin versions of the toys were taken from the title of the show that's in it instead of its original name instead...

makaikishi   2 years 43 weeks ago
  • Hound

Love this line too. I enjoyed the Prime Wars trilogy, but this one is even better because the gimmick doesn't hamper anything. Packaging is great for all the figures that are boxed. Scale is great too.

Optimal III   2 years 44 weeks ago
  • Land Speed Racer

We just sold this toy on eBay.

netkid   2 years 44 weeks ago
  • Sound Flasher Ideon

Well, I just bought one back, lol, for far much more than I sold I think... but anyway...

• Sound Flasher Ideon

I don't regret you selling this. :)

Btw, it's more like 10" than 7".

NekroDave   2 years 45 weeks ago
  • Egg McMuffin Robot

Apparently you can get this style of egg on other egg-using sandwiches that use egg but normally have the flat-type scrambled egg, egg egg egg egg egg egg egg egg.

Also I don't know if you remember the Breakfast Stackers they tried to do a while back as a rip-off of the In-N-Out "Secret Menu" thing, where you could order various combinations of breakfast food items.  Double sausage!  Triple egg!  More slices of cheese!  It didn't last long, which made sense, like, the sole reason I'm buying this thing is to have some calories in me to face the day, the last thing I want is to have to endure it for a longer period of time.

Anyway.  That toy looks pretty lame.  It says a lot that they couldn't even be arsed to make the bottom half transform into legs.

RobotBastard   2 years 45 weeks ago
  • D.VA & Meka

Like, of all the toy lines to produce a really good version of D.Va's MEKA, it's so strange that it would be Funko Pop, whose whole deal is "simple cheap icon versions".

RobotBastard   2 years 46 weeks ago
  • Three-Man Light Jet

Break out the wall anchors and fishing line :)

RobotBastard   2 years 46 weeks ago
  • The Raven

I just watched this movie last week on the Comet channel. It was pretty good considering it's age. It also stars a young Jack Nicholson! And all 3 women in this film were gorgeously voluptuous. I liked the premise of how it loosely adapted Poe's The Raven while integrating a story of rival sorcerers. I wouldn't mind if a modern remake was made that utilized the cutting edge special effects of today.

netkid   2 years 47 weeks ago
  • Apparently, Auldey re-issued their three robots from the Space Deleter series this year. Just got back from my trip to Beijing and bought all three robots from Toys 'R Us, priced at $22.65 each.

I guess all three robots are easier to be re-issued compared to the Giant Saver toys since they don't have electronics in the first place.

makaikishi   2 years 48 weeks ago
  • Argus

I got one. Yay!

JoshB   3 years 1 day ago
  • Dana O' Shee

Years later, I would have loved to hear your take on all the Robot Spirits Dunbine figures they put out.

• Honestly it would take too much time to do a video, edit, upload etc. I'm just trying to get it done. I have a backlog of reviews building up. I have about 12 working days of content left I think. I just gotta plow through it.

• oh man sorry to hear about all the trouble you're having Josh.

but glad things are moving. I'm surprised you haven't hopped on to youtube and instagram and twitter to make more  updates. to show what you're doing. keep the awareness going and hopefully more donations will come in.

I appreciate the work Josh thanks again.

kidchuckle   3 years 11 weeks ago
  • ZA   3 years 12 weeks ago
  • Will do! Hopefully it'll be ready within a week.

ZA   3 years 13 weeks ago
  • As long as we get credit it's fine, thanks! Drop us a link here when the video is done! Thanks for asking!

• Josh, would it be cool with you if I used a couple of your images from this toy for a video on Raideen? I'd also want to use one from the GA-01 reissue as well. (http://www.collectiondx.com/toy_review/1999/mazinger_z_reissue)

Thanks, either way!

ZA   3 years 13 weeks ago
  • ShinkenRed

Having the Shishi disk spin when it didn't in the show (and also be oversize) is a dumb "compensation". Now, I get why they didn't make the Rekka Daizanto transform: The blade actually shrinks lengthwise substantially when it transforms in the show. But that being the case, they should have included an alternate cannon mode version. Also Shishi and Tora disks. But it could be worse... Can you imagine if the Common Disak was permanently attached to the Shinkenmaru? And he didn't come with the Rekka Daizanto, the Shodophone, or the Shishi Origami, but instead came with the Beckoning Cat that Takeru got bodyswapped with?

Well, that's basically what happened to Ryuranger. No Lai-Lai Jewel, no Soryuken (Double Dragon Swords), and he only has a single Dairenrod with the Rod Arrow tip permanently attached instead of either a detachable tip or a second rod with no tip - even though the rods were most commonly used with no tip. But he sure does have those gag accesoeies from Akibaranger! (ugh)

ZeldaTheSwordsman   3 years 14 weeks ago
  • Hot Stuff Fire Engine

I've seen a photo of the Zybots combined mode. I wonder if certain bots are interchangeable or if everyone has a specific place they have to go (like G1 Devastator) Not sure if the second robot mode was intentional or accidental, but he would make for some great fan art/fan fic. I saw one person above comparing him to Punch/Counterpunch.

Scarfang_The_Slayer   3 years 15 weeks ago