• HOLY CRAP THIS TOY IS ADORABLE!!

It's SO cute! It has such CHARM! The design, the colors, it's so friendly!

Why don't we have motorized toys like this today?!?!

Look at this line! Look at all the gimmicks they crammed into it! I'm sure with some modern redesigns it'd be a hit now:

netkid   2 years 36 weeks ago
  • Space Puzzle Fighters

We have a sealed case of these in the collection. I can snap some pics of it if you want to add them to the review. I'll just need to locate it and dig it out of storage.

I also remember, as a child, getting these from a local (now long gone) small convenience and candy store called Treasure Chest. My brother and I would go there and get these, bubblegum cigars, and another similar set that consisted of small plastic toy airplanes you could assemble. Both toys came with a smarties-like candy. I can still remember its distinct taste. Sweet and fruity.

The robots themselves came in blue, pink, purple, green, and I think a darker blue. Then one day when we visited, they also had neon orange and I think neon green, so they did come in many colors. I loved those robots. We used to take them apart and swap pieces around to make our own robots. They were fun little toys, and my introduction into the world of Candy Toys.

netkid   2 years 37 weeks ago
  • Ironhide

I could swear that gap in the back of the van mode served some purpose in the Diaclone line but I can't for my life remember what it could be.

Tetsuryu   2 years 38 weeks ago
  • Jetfire

That bit of circuitry in the cockpit? You can remove it entirely and insert a Titanmaster figure in it's place. I think you can insert two more under the blue windscreen on his "backpack" as well, but it seems like it'd be a tight fit and I haven't got any to try it with.

Tetsuryu   2 years 38 weeks ago
  • Grand Moff Tarkin

Tarkin definitely falls more into the same lines as Obi-Wan in the early waves of Power of the Force 2; he's a lot more slim figure, but he's still got some odd proportions in the form of the giant gorilla hands that he needed to hold his oversized accessories. His head sculpt is great, but the rest of the body looks a bit weird next to the Commtech series Admiral Motti.

Tetsuryu   2 years 38 weeks ago
  • Ironworks

Very cool. Only Earthrise figures I have so far are Optimus and Astrotrain. Okay, technically he's a Siege figure, but I got the re-run in Earthrise packaging.

But like Siege & Power of the Primes before, I'm hyped for this entire line.

Optimal III   2 years 38 weeks ago
  • Iron Giant

Thanks! Just found this and Robby the Robot at my Wal-Mart. Could not figure out how to trigger the chest effects. For the record, if you have not found him, Robby is equally awesome. So many lights!

faelon   2 years 38 weeks ago
  • Hoth Medical Chamber

For $15, pretty neat. For $30 MSRP, kind of itchy.

Optimal III   2 years 38 weeks ago
  • The Mandalorian

This show is the only good thing that came out from Star Wars after being acquired by Disney. I don't remember people buying this toy (or any of the characters since Rogue One) since the show wasn't out yet.

But let's face it...a lot of people don't care about Star Wars anymore.

makaikishi   2 years 38 weeks ago
  • Wow, what a horrible-looking main robot...

And I used to think that the Deluxe Abaren-Oh looked bad.

makaikishi   2 years 38 weeks ago
  • Ironhide

I like them both as toys, but certainly, yes. They're the least cool Transformers toys from 1984, but they also got the most on-screen visual improvements.

I've definitely owned worse toys.

Optimal III   2 years 39 weeks ago
  • Refraktor

Won't call the official alt mode terrible, but I'm glad Hasbro didn't bail on the camera mode. Even at $60 - $70 for all three, Siege Refraktor does the job. Scratches all the itches for non-Masterpiece & non-Legends/small scale needs.

Optimal III   2 years 40 weeks ago
  • Jetfire

Harmony Gold ruins everything. I applaud them for introducing Robotech to me back in the day, but they have been a cancer to the franchise ever since.

• Jetfire

I did not! So cool! Thanks!

• Jetfire

All things considered, I applaud Hasbro for what they did with this figure. An official realization of the on-screen character.

I would love a modern Jetfire toy based on the original figure, but I think even if Hasbro worked out something with Bandai and all the Macross owners, to just do a repaint of a Hi-Metal or Kitz Concept or DX Chogokin, Harmony Gold would try to ruin it for everyone.

Optimal III   2 years 40 weeks ago
  • Jetfire

The other plastic could be a type of hard nylon. I've read that the Apeface figure that's out now is also made of that as well so it doesn't yellow like regular ABS plastic.

VZMK2   2 years 40 weeks ago
  • Jetfire

Hey Josh.

Did you know you can flip the Autobot symbol around to expose the Decepticon symbol? JetFire did start out as a Decepticon !

speedy1701   2 years 40 weeks ago
  • Porsche

About 2 inches or so. It's not as big as a gobot or anything.

• Kageboshi

I'm watching the show on youtube (Toei has put a bunch of old toku and anime on their official youtube page with English language subtitles). It's as crazy bonkers as the designs lead you to believe.

VZMK2   2 years 41 weeks ago
  • Porsche

The robot mode seems familiar. How tall is he in inches?

Scarfang_The_Slayer   2 years 41 weeks ago
  • Isn't this just a watered down version of an earlier deluxe with electronic lightning effects?

Tetsuryu   2 years 48 weeks ago
  • Albegas

It just hit me looking at the DX on collection dx. the logo was based off the Albegas thigh deco.
    I feel stupid

kidchuckle   2 years 50 weeks ago
  • Email them to us, we'll get them up!

• Sweeet memories.....I would like to post some pic.s of other variants, but I forgot how to do....LOL

darth-kriss   2 years 51 weeks ago
  • Porsche

I bet Hajime Sorayama drew that robot arm.

VZMK2   3 years 4 hours ago