• Dia Jack

...and is [so far] the only season of Super Sentai to be ended early (only 35 episodes) due to poor ratings. Whereas the first Super Sentai series, "Himitsu Sentai GoRanger", ran for two years (1975-1977) and 84 episodes; the only one to reach both of those benchmarks.
    Neither "GoRanger" nor "JAKQ" were officially considered part of the Super Sentai saga until they were added to the list in 1994, when "Ninja Sentai KakuRanger" was airing. One of the key reasons for this was that neither show had a giant robot in it- which is one of the requirements for being part of the Super Sentai saga. In fact, if it hadn't been for the relative success of the non-Super Sentai, tokusatsu series "Spider-Man" and his own transforming robot Leopardon and Toei Co. Ltd's partnership with American comic book publisher Marvel Comics, the next Super Sentai series, "Battle Fever J" would not haver been possible, and thus featured the first giant robot for the saga, the Battle Fever Robo.

• Kamen Rider Amazon
    ST

I've seen it a billion times but what does the ST on the back of japanese toy boxes stand for? I'm sure it's some child safety mark.

Great figure BTW!

Cheers

Leonardo Flores

We'll fight them on the Beaches!

uplandmod   15 years 36 weeks ago
  • Replacement parts used in the building of this kit were provided by Hobby Link Japan!

Rob Braun   15 years 36 weeks ago
  • Endor AT-AT

sweet, love the pictures, but the last one you can see a cat. lol.

Lime_Neko   15 years 36 weeks ago
  • Space Robot

woa sweet, the sticker on its skirt is the zeon emblem, but you probably already saw that.
    I don't have a kmart in my town, so I couldn't get one. Oh well, theres always next year..maybe.

Lime_Neko   15 years 36 weeks ago
  • Yeah, I'm kinda iffy on this particular season of Super Sentai, "Juuken Sentai GekiRanger". These aren't even good designs of animals for the Geki Beasts. The Power Animals line from the 25th-Anniversary series "Hyakujuu Sentai GaoRanger" (2001) is immensely superior to these Geki Beasts! Geki Tiger (the red one) is way too big and too dominant in the [DX] Juuken Gattai Geki Touja combo for my taste. The way I see it, the add-on accessory Geki Beasts- Geki Elephant, Geki Bat, Geki Shark, etc.- will be the only improvement, and so far, I'm only drawn towards the GekiBatTouja combo. And, no, the upcoming GekiWolfTouja combo is not as step in the right direction; the purple and silver Geki Wolf just replaces the yellow Geki Leopard as the right leg! What kind of upgrade is that!?
    In fact, the only toy from "GekiRanger" that I'm actively looking to own at this point is the hand-held Geki Tonfa standard 'sidearm' the GekiRanger use!
    If I hadn't seen "Kamen Rider Kabuto" last year (I'm still looking for a mint DX TheBee Zecter), I wouldn't have known about the current "Kamen Rider Den-O"- which I like a lot more than "GekiRanger"! O.o! And because of that, I am anxious to obtain all of the spring-loaded, transforming high-speed train cars from the DenLiner Action Series!

Oh, incidentally, Josh, if you look up the Wikipedia entry for "Juuken Sentai GekiRanger", there are references at the bottom of the various links that show images of things- such as the up-coming 4th Ranger, Geki Violet and [his?] Geki Beast, Geki Wolf.

• The new Gekiranger robot is named GekiFire, and is comprised of GekiGorilla, GekiPenguin, and GekiGazelle.

YuushaFan   15 years 36 weeks ago
  • ...mind blowing ain't it?

Rob Braun   15 years 36 weeks ago
  • Space Puzzle Fighters

Thanks, I have many fond memories of these figures and it's great to know that I wasn't the only one that held on to theirs! This was the gateway drug for Chogokins!

Cheers

Leonardo Flores

"We'll fight them on the Beaches!

uplandmod   15 years 36 weeks ago
  • Endor AT-AT

Josh,

I still have my original At-At from the 8t's, still one of the most impressive toys in the line.

What I really loved but never bought was the mini-rig that went inside the body of the At-At. While most of the mini-rigs didn't really look Star Wars, the At-At Mini rig looked right!

I'm glad you have another one!

Cheers!

Leonardo Flores

We'll fight them on the Beaches!

uplandmod   15 years 36 weeks ago
  • Whoo hoo! Go EVA!
    I love that store, and I think they like me too!

Rob Braun   15 years 36 weeks ago
  • Of course this notice would go up just before it's too late to do anything about it-! (I don't blame you for this, Josh... entirely.)
    (Uh... Josh? Do us all a big favor and get rid of those duplicate shots of my name, please! You were supposed to just pick the best one!)
    If you are in the northern-Seattle area (the store is located about a block east of Northgate Mall), you need to act fast if you want to see my collection in person. It will be removed from the shelves at Kicks on June 4th. As of this posting- this gives you only four (4) days [excluding Sunday since they're closed] to see it. I will be there around 4:00-4:30pm on Monday to remove it to make way for the next guy's collection.
    I am in negotiations with Kicks' owner to put-up more of my collection in July, but it will be something different. Perhaps the "Power Rangers" half of my collection.

This is actually not a straight shot of Super Sentai stuff from the last five years; there are six exceptions that are the "PR" equivalents:

• Deluxe Astro Megazord
    • Deluxe Astro Galactic Megazord (only official "PR" repaint that didn't have a Japanese equivalent!)
    • Black Bison and Yellow Eagle Wild Zords from a Deluxe Wild Force Megazord were used in order to display the Hyakujuu Gattai Gao Muscle
    • Deluxe Samurai Star Lightning Megazord (with accessory Ninja Firebird; both shown combined with the Gingachouetsu Sanjin Gattai Tenrai-Senpuujin)
    • Deluxe Dino Stegazord (included accessory Dimetro Zord)
    • the Blast Buggy on the Tokusou Bisou DekaRanger Robo Full Blast Custom came from the "PR-S.P.D." Space Patrol Set

Most of these toys on display can be found reviewed on CDX by either me or someone else!

Ironically, that Revoltech EVA Unit-04 is the only thing on display there that is not mine. (I used mermaid Rei and Asuka-chan as attention-getting 'cheerleaders', but it was just good luck that there was that floor display Revoltech EVA-04 available...)

• Any chance this'll be available on Super7's online store? I'm not super-hot for the design, but I have a thing for goopy monster vinyls!
    The other odd point this brings up is that we're STILL waiting on the clear M1 Jet Jaguar that was announced so long ago. And now, they're announcing this??

Sanjeev

Sanjeev   15 years 36 weeks ago
  • Endor AT-AT

Folks generally know me as a Star Wars hater...but I'm totally loving your photography, here, Josh. Great stuff! I love nature shots with toys...reminds me of back when we really used to play with these things! ;)

Sanjeev

Sanjeev   15 years 36 weeks ago
  • Megatron

I got a Revoltech Megatron figure and really liked it. I'd still like it, but it broke. After falling off the 2nd shelf of my computer desk onto the 1st shelf (a fall of about 13 inches) the plastic plug that joins the left leg into the hip broke off. Normally, the arms/legs etc that have such joints can be pulled loose harmlessly (more or less) out of the socket and put back in. But in this case, the plug that connects to the joint snapped, leaving the very end of the plug imbedded in the left leg socket of the hip while the rest is still connected to the ball socket.

I've been going nuts trying to find a site that specializes in Revoltech figure repair, but I haven't found anything yet. Has anyone encountered this problem with a revoltech figure before? Is there anywhere that specializing in Revoltech figure repair of this nature, or is Epoxy really the only option?

Slyrr   15 years 37 weeks ago

• ...how similar in appearance the back armor of the humanoid form of the Garland(s) and the EVA Units are to each other? I swear that the armor for the EVAs was based on the mecha from this three-part OVA...

• The (DX) Juuken Gattai Geki Touja from "Juuken Sentai GekiRanger" (2007) could sooooo kick this mecha's ass without even trying. That, and the fact that it can summon additional weapons and armor from thin air means it is adaptable.
    "And I'll form the head!"
    No s**t, buddy-! What else would you be doing in the most-centered position in the combo!? Guess I'm a more modern anime fan in that way. Stupid Americanized dubbing lines...

Now, if the Geki Touja weren't so, em- plain and ugly, I might more-seriously consider getting one...

• Agreed, I like the Mass Production Evangelion design. (Took a while, but it rubbed-off on me.) I will be getting at least this version, if not the other one without the wings. (They only did that so that one would have wings, and the other would have the spear weapon. Stupid marketing ploy to encourage buying more than one...) These guys, from what I've read, are indeed wolves in 'sheep's' clothing. Though saying they are "Angels of death" is pushing contradiction considering the series in question... ^_^
    (T'were I to paint up a model of one of the MP EVAs, I'd douse mine in dark blue instead of white, and then highlight the neck with the same purple as Unit-01; though I'd keep the lips blood red.)

It isn't that they don't need power. On the contrary: they produce gobs of their own power internally [and can even regenerate themselves]- which EVA Units-00 through -03 could not- with the S2 Engine that so dramatically failed on the unseen silver & black EVA Unit-04 mid-way through the series...
    (sniff, wipes tear away)
    As to how they are controlled, I can't say since I haven't seen "The End of Evangelion" yet.
    Say, Josh, does this set come with an alternate version of the head that has the mouth open?

• Dave,

I remember seeing these at an endcap at Toys R Us, nobody seemed to want them as the metal Voltrons were more cooler. But I remember thinking that they reminded me of Shogun Warriors...it wasn't until years later that I realized that this was a Golion Jumbo! I appreciate this toy much more than I ever had..great find Dave and I'm glad you have one in your collection.

Cheers
    Leonardo Flores

"We'll fight them on the Beaches!

uplandmod   15 years 37 weeks ago
  • Boooooo.....another figure from revotech....i really think they should advance their figures a little. maybe upgrade the plastic, paint, and such. i seen these babys up close, and they look really cheap. great articulation tho. probally best for any toy out there. i was a crazy eva fan too when i was little, but after 2 years of craz....it just died.the design is very unique, but the icon didnt last. you can look at voltes v, dancougar all day long and it wont bore you, but somehow, eva just doesnt last.

tyt2lynnin1   15 years 37 weeks ago
  • I haven't seen "The End of Evangelion" yet. However, I have learned that this redesign is no different from what happened with the five lead Gundams from the "Gundam Wing- Endless Waltz" movie- though they look and function differently from their series counterparts, as far as continuity is concerned they always looked like that. Same thing here. The only new things seen in "The End of Evangelion" on Unit-02 here is the 'dart shooter' in the right utility wing; and they added that spare double-bladed sword which the Mass Production EVAs wield.
    Though I'm not the biggest fan on Unit-02's design in general (the red and orange don't work right for some reason), I'm even less of a fan of this redesigned style.

• That would be the "4th Angel" that I mentioned in my first post earlier... ^_^
    HobbyLink Japan has it listed alongside Sachiel as part of the Soul of Soft Vinyl line in their "Evangelion" section. So far, these two are to-scale with the SOCSpec line, so I wonder if we'll be seeing some other similar-sized Angels...? The 5th, 6th, 9th, 10th, and 15th Angels are the largest ones so they may still avoid those. (But one can hope!)

Did anyone else notice in that same image the kid-like girl dressed up as the Jet Alone, next to Misato? Kawai!

• Note that Shamshel is to the right of Satchiel.

SpaceRunaway   15 years 37 weeks ago