• Blitzwing Oversized KO

There is a flash sale on Sirtoys now, so this ko Blitzwing is only $5 instead of $10

quinncat   1 day 5 hours ago
  • Megatron

You're not missing much, TLK was the worst of the Michael Bay TF movies.

VZMK2   3 days 3 hours ago
  • Ultimate Gipsy Danger

I honestly can’t believe the fan base that NECA has given how every figure of their’s I have ever laid hands on has had these sorts of issues? The plastic they use is crab. It’s like recycled chewing gum. Even new in the box a figures lifespan is limited in months not years. Once the cheap assed pvc they use fully outgasses the stuff just disintegrates. At least the infamous Popy Blue took a few years.

One of the more entertaining things in all of this is seeing the long time NECA PacRim fans lay hands on the Bandai Robot Damashii (Robot Spirits) PR2 figures and just about break down in tears at what they should have had all along.

faelon   1 week 1 day ago
  • Liokaiser

I know!!

He kinda barely works compared to the other ones, and it’s really hard to actually find a ko that has hellbat

quinncat   1 week 1 day ago
  • Liokaiser

I can't believe they retooled Doubledealer into a combiner limb. You can tell from the fact that it looks so out of place.

Tetsuryu   1 week 1 day ago
  • Ultimate Gipsy Danger

Now you know why they get called "NECAN'T".

Tetsuryu   1 week 1 day ago
  • Slug

I wish his back opened into the classic wings, and that he had a sword in addition to his gun. But otherwise, he's nice.

Optimal III   2 weeks 4 days ago
  • Breakaway

Yeah, I see your point but I’m just disappointed because I didn’t pay $15 to paint it myself!
    Even if they just used different plastic colors or something!!!

quinncat   2 weeks 4 days ago
  • Breakaway

I'm a fan of MTME so I was really looking forward to Getaway/Breakaway. But, like you, I thought the final figure looked unfinished. Granted, it's not something you couldn't fix with halfway decent painting skills, but I was hoping Takara would come along and do it. Now I'm over it.

Heavyarms   2 weeks 6 days ago
  • Agreed. They look to be larger SRC. Along the same lines as the Metal Build Mazinger. Which would be great. But I wish they had limited SOC to the full transformation versions. It gets confusing.

faelon   3 weeks 4 hours ago
  • Voltron

It’s just great seeing such a nice Voltron, or any decent robot, toy at retail again. It’s not perfect, but it has deep presence. And is fun to play with. Both TRU and Walmart are dumping the lions at deep clearance, I think because Playmates stupidly gave them the same skis as the Legendary Defender ones. So Classic is coming straight from the factory to the clearance rack. Idiotic as they will be gone soon. But it means the robot can be had for about $60 complete. I was also able to grab the Legendary Voltron complete box set for $80 at the TRU clearance sale. Also Props to Playmates for packing in the full range of accessories. Everything we never got from Matchbox. Not just Lion Blades but painted Lion blades. Spring firing shoulder cannons. As was said everything but Rocket fists. The only real disappointment is the sword. It’s half the size it should be. Unpainted, and just feels wrong. Plus it tends to warp. Overall the perfect toy for a younger new generation robot fan with which to share the hobby.

faelon   3 weeks 4 hours ago
  • WTB

If anyone has any of the main 4 (possibly even the Shadow ones) for sale, I'm game to buy. :)
    protostar8customs@yahoo.com

Just put CM's Mospeada Figures in the title of the email.

Proto   3 weeks 1 day ago
  • Breakaway

He's a wretched jerk in the comics, so maybe it's fitting he doesn't have an enjoyable toy.

Optimal III   3 weeks 2 days ago
  • Gipsy Danger

Great review and love the quality pictures! Mine arrives very soon but I totally get you on budget and lifestyle change. Being a huge fan of the original Pacific Rim movie and a huge SOC fan (although this looks like it has more in common with my Metal Build Mazinger Z than my SOC Voltron), I had to find a way to get this guy. Now its time to start setting some money aside for Crimson Typhoon. Thanks again for the review! Too bad about the sub par execution of the arms and battery compartments :(

SDFcommander   3 weeks 2 days ago
  • Bruticus (G2)

In terms of actual quality, I'd say it's a toss up between the Aerialbots (all three versions), the Grand Galvatron set, and the UW/Takara Technobots. All the Unite Warriors sets have that extra bit of polish in paint & sculpting, but what puts those two over the top, and the CW & G2 Aerialbots is Silverbolt.

None of the deluxe figures are bad, but the Aerialbots benefit from being the first team produced. So they don't suffer any of the problems that can come from being retools/repaints of previously used molds. And Silverbolt by far makes the best torso. He's solid and has nothing funny going on with his combiner hips or shoulders, so he's stable & sturdy. Same goes for all his retools, including Cyclonus (Grand Galvatron) & Scattershot (UW Computron).

Optimal III   3 weeks 4 days ago
  • Bruticus (G2)

Thank you!! I’m really glad you liked the review so much! I wish I had another version of this set, because it really is great.

What do you think the best Combiner Wars team is in terms of their actual quality?

quinncat   3 weeks 4 days ago
  • Swoop

I wish he came with at least one more weapon besides the sword & Prime armor, but he's pretty nice. Not sure who's better between him & Slug, but they both top Grimlock.

Optimal III   3 weeks 5 days ago
  • Quake

I love the robot mode and color scheme
    I would like to add him to my collection

ThePlasticRobot   3 weeks 5 days ago
  • Voltron

I never thought I'd say it but this thing is almost too big. I love the fact that I can hand it over to my kids and not worry about it getting damaged, though. Props to Playmates for making a nice Voltron *toy* after all these years.
    If we could swap out the sound gimmick and get proper shoulder rotation and bicep swivel, I'd have been perfectly content. But all in all a great piece and I'm glad I found all the pieces at retail.

magicsp00n   3 weeks 5 days ago
  • Bruticus (G2)

Excellent review! I don't know if the Combaticons are the best team to come out of Combiner Wars, but they may be my favorite, since I have all four sets.

Also, I have to say this really is your best review yet. You nailed it on the pictures in my opinion.

Optimal III   3 weeks 5 days ago
  • Voltron

I found the Lions on clearance at Target. $15.99 for the black lion and $13.99 for the limbs.

Heavyarms   3 weeks 6 days ago
  • Voltron

Until he met... Predaking....

mechota   3 weeks 6 days ago
  • Voltron

I first saw a plastic model of Golion when I was just a little kid growing up in S Korea. It wasn’t until some years later in the US when I was reacquainted with Voltron on TV. More than it being a cool robot, it was a familiar friend from home that made my transition to my new home that much easier. Now almost 35 years later Voltron/Golion still has a special place in my heart. A lot of Really cool collectibles have come and left my shelf but this guy- well tbh the SOC VERSION OF HIM - will probably remain a permanent fixture alongside my Mazinger. Oh The power of nostalgia and that robot-lovin child that still survives within all of us. Thanks for the review.

JC73   3 weeks 6 days ago
  • Gipsy Danger

Thanks. My budget and lifestyle has changed to where I can't afford a lot of the super expensive stuff anymore, but I've been trying to get more reviews in now that life has settled down. It's been a few years of couch surfing, unknown futures and overall chaos but it's finally starting to calm down. Thanks for hanging in there.

JoshB   3 weeks 6 days ago
  • Voltron

Wow that intro is my childhood as well, right down to the years, incredible. Feel the same way.

TattooedRobot   3 weeks 6 days ago