• Jet Scrander

I love how the transparent flame element with the flicker gimmick complements the Popyness of the Hover Pilder from TS:001. The whole thing just looks timeless. Can't wait for their next release in the Toysmen Series! :D

TheJud   3 days 2 min ago
  • Mazinger Z

Just got these 2 pieces in. Wow!!!!! Obaa Pairuda ON! HASHIN!!

P.S. Alan Lau is a world-class fellow enthusuast, and is a real pleasure to get to know. He's best in the business, and will treat you like a genuine friend. He ships with the best careful, thorough packaging. Definitely looking to do further business with :) I'm just blown away, and very, very pleased with his service.

TheJud   3 days 38 min ago
  • Alien Metron

This figure is best complemented by S.H. Figarts Dan Moroboshi. I have them sitting across each other smoking cig

slee915   3 days 23 hours ago
  • Agreed! AWESOME figure! Definitely one of my top favorite Figuarts.

Alexx   6 days 15 hours ago
  • Mazinger Z

Hey NecroDave! I know I'm late to the party. I recently completed my Godaikin/SOC collecting with Golion. Now my focus is SWJMs thanks to your reviews and YT videos. So, I just read this article, and contacted Alan regarding the Maize Mazinger Z and Jet Scrander just in the very remote chance that anything might be available. And they both still were! So I'm happily waiting for this and the Jet Scrander to come in! Thank you for sharing the contact information. This is a great community. All My Best.

TheJud   6 days 16 hours ago
  • Darkwing Duck

And unlike the original, he can actually hold his gun!

Tetsuryu   1 week 2 days ago
  • Kup

As far as deluxe figures go, I think Kup is still the best Titans Return has to offer. He's well designed, a more faithful/better update than any other official Kup figure so far, and his deco is a great throwback to the original toy & Marvel comics version.

Perhaps best of all, this lead Takara to drastically retool their version. They're so different that it's actually worth having both.

Optimal III   2 weeks 1 day ago
  • Casshern & Friender

OOOOOH GIRL. This looks really nice. I've been reading Infini-T Force lately, and I'm itching to grab one of these guys.

Jmann   2 weeks 4 days ago
  • Dark Voltron

I'm not surprised by this one. I'm glad I don't support those liars by buying their unlicensed crap.

makaikishi   3 weeks 3 days ago
  • Topspin

He's definitely a fun figure and goes well with Twin Twist.

re: photographing that silver plastic, try rigging up a light diffuser between you and the subject, it will soften that glare and bring out the details. Also be sure your camera is on it's macro setting if it has one.

Heavyarms   3 weeks 5 days ago
  • Monster Hunter Ralph

Monster Hunter Raph dies a little every time you call him "Ralph" so that's how he became a vampire.

Heavyarms   3 weeks 5 days ago
  • Topspin

Far as Titans Returns deluxe-class figures go, he's pretty solid. He looks like a faithful update to the G1 figure, has above average articulation, and isn't visibly riddled with hollow plastic. I won't say we can't ask for more, but it's better than expected.

Optimal III   3 weeks 6 days ago
  • Topspin

Thoughts in this figure? Is it as good as people say?

quinncat   4 weeks 57 min ago
  • Dark Voltron

Huh I don’t care about the licensing, If it’s good it’s bought.

TattooedRobot   4 weeks 2 days ago
  • Dark Voltron

Danger Wil Robinson Danger!! Just because the unscrupulous Chinese Manufacturer says it's now officially licensed all hunky dory doesn't in fact mean it is. Icarus is lying to you. They do that a lot. In fact pretty much everything they have ever said about this robot has been questionable at best. But don't take my word for it. Ask WEP. They are very responsive to questions about this particular robot toy. (BBTS pulled the preorders after about a day when they discovered Icarus was lying to them about the licensing.)

faelon   4 weeks 3 days ago
  • Fortress Maximus

That too! I could almost accept him missing most of his hallmarks if he was an all-new toy. But he's not! He's like 75% Metroplex!

The only new pieces here are Cerebros & Emissary, the guns on his legs, and his upper body. Everything else is just repainted and/or rearranged body parts.

Optimal III   5 weeks 9 hours ago
  • Fortress Maximus

Yeah this could've had features like the elevator or the prison for the Titan Masters, but it doesn't really have any "city" based gimmicks like that

quinncat   5 weeks 1 day ago
  • Fortress Maximus

I paid around 80 for this during black friday and was so let down by it I ended up just buying an encore fort max and brave max. It's a very lazy release and doesn't live up to the name. Without both guns, arm and hip cannons, and gasket and grommet, its just missing all the iconic elements that make him fort max. This was a huge disappointment to me.

siningy   5 weeks 1 day ago
  • Fortress Maximus

I get what you mean! The sound effects are stock and lazy! Honestly if I paid $150 for this, I wouldn't!!

Also, that point you made about Cerebros's face sculpt is pretty insightful. Aren't hasbro Titan returns figures generally based on the toys anyway?

quinncat   5 weeks 1 day ago
  • Fortress Maximus

You nailed it when you said "under-engineered". @ $150, he's good but not enough to ignore the flaws. I like robot mode, but hate that he's a retool of FoC Metroplex, because he inherited the mediocre knees & hips. Ship mode is fine, but city mode is disappointing. It didn't have to be a redo of the original, but as is, it's lazy. And the Takara version's better sound FX & master swords only help so much.

Regarding the different heads for Cerebros, it gave them one more tweak for the SDCC version, which comes with the G1 toy/Headmasters-style head.

All that said, I will be excited for Grand Maximus if he breaks 3,000 for pre-orders. That pretender shell for Gran actually looks really cool.

Optimal III   5 weeks 1 day ago
  • Fortress Maximus

That's interesting! I don't even know why they went with that American G1 head sculpt for cerebros in the first place!

quinncat   5 weeks 2 days ago
  • Monster Hunter Ralph

Seems like this whole line is also a homage to the 90's Playmates line where all the characters also got decked as various Universal monsters?

Tetsuryu   5 weeks 2 days ago
  • Fortress Maximus

It's kind of weird that they went with a toy accurate face for Fort Max but with a cartoon/comic accurate face for Cerebros. Not that there's that big of a difference, but when it comes to "American" Fort Max, I always think of the goggled face.

Tetsuryu   5 weeks 2 days ago
  • Vampire Ralph
    LOL

I wondered about the wisdom of arming a vampire with wooden stakes myself. Maybe he's in disguise as a vampire so he can get close to stake them.

Heavyarms   5 weeks 3 days ago
  • Twinferno

Also, I'm a little soft on the figures I review, but soon I'll be doing more bootlegs, so I'll really have some stuff to complaint about :)

quinncat   5 weeks 3 days ago