• Dabulas M2

I really like the look of this guy. We need more two-headed mechs/kaiju.

Scarfang_The_Slayer   3 min 9 sec ago
  • Looks great. Love the retro blue color. Had a chance to pick up a vintage one of these a while ago and passed on it, regretting it now...

JoshB   6 days 6 hours ago
  • Mazinger Z

Hello, Congratulations for this great review!

* I´m from Mexico and I have this curious fact:

This particular Mazinger its called "MAZINGER CHISPITA" (And why in the world is that? you may ask)...

"CHISPITA" means "little spark", and that nickname was given because that was the name of the workshop that "creates" this rare guy.

Cheers form Mexico!

PerV   1 week 1 day ago
  • Getter Robo

I have a review coming up at some point of the 1999 Burn! Robocon Chogokin release and it really made me realize how much I loved that era of toys. A nice sweet spot between being actual toys and Collector pieces. The whole collecting environment has changed so much since then.

JoshB   2 weeks 1 day ago
  • Getter Robo

I'm with you, I miss the late 90's and early 2000's in the collecting field. Everything felt fresh, new, and exciting. Could have been a sign of the times and the period in my life back then that I wish every day I could go back to re-live and make better choices in my life.

CHEN   2 weeks 1 day ago
  • Getter Robo

This review reminded me of these re-issued SoC robots in the form of Dynamic Classics. I think it's about time I get one of these and Great Mazinger comes to mind.

makaikishi   2 weeks 1 day ago
  • Getter Robo

I still regret selling boss borat….
    I wish the Queen Cosmos would eventually come out.

AJProDie-Cast   2 weeks 3 days ago
  • Getter Robo

I do regret selling it, as I do many of the pieces from that time. It reminds me how much more toy-like SOC was then than it is now.

JoshB   2 weeks 4 days ago
  • Getter Robo

Very very complete review for just using selling photos.
    I still have mine, do you regret selling it?

AJProDie-Cast   2 weeks 4 days ago
  • Blurr

Armada is definitely different from where mainline Transformers toys have moved towards today. But I appreciate the effort and emphasis on toy over action figure.

Blurr isn't G1 Blurr, but he's cool in his own way. As a whole, I think the only issue is doing an entire line around the same specific sub-gimmick. That's kind of icky, but seems they've learned from it.

Optimal III   3 weeks 2 days ago
  • Jet Jaguar

The miracle of studio lighting vs just taking a shot on my desk - same camera - Iphone XS

JoshB   3 weeks 2 days ago
  • Jet Jaguar

I don't know what camera and photo tent you're using, but it really makes the paint on that Playmates Jet Jaguar figure look so VIBRANT (like how it is on the X-Plus figure) compared to the dull powdery pastel colors the Playmates Jet Jaguar figure has in real life (as seen in your first photo).

netkid   3 weeks 4 days ago
  • Trailbreaker

I'm actually like you in this aspect. I prefer the original toy heads over the cartoon heads. Wheeljack, Mirage, Blaster and Perceptor come to mind.

VZMK2   5 weeks 2 days ago
  • Optimus Prime

This guy suffers from a bad case of exploding elbows. Beware!

Tetsuryu   6 weeks 4 days ago
  • This is a surprise but too bad it's a web exclusive.

makaikishi   8 weeks 1 day ago
  • Sparkless Bot

Awesome!

I'm still looking for him and and the other deluxe Netflix figures in the newest wave.

I think the head is taken from Siege Smokescreen. Maybe he hasn't appeared in the Netflix shows? Not sure. I watched the Siege series, but haven't watched Earthrise yet.

Optimal III   8 weeks 3 days ago
  • DX Wing Gundam

I recall getting this toy in a UK shop called Poundstretchers in 2003 for a bargain price of £2.99. They had five of them on the shelves. A shop worker had them all priced at £2.99 the same as the small figures. I only had some loose change with me but enought for one of them so I grabbed it.
    This was a really awesome toy. I wish they had more DX sized figures.

Mark M   9 weeks 4 days ago
  • Funny, when I looked at the photo of it carded the word "eraser" was the first thing that popped in my mind. Lo & behold, it really is made out of rubber!

Scarfang_The_Slayer   10 weeks 3 days ago
  • Voltron (Ultimates)

There is some weirdness for sure. But it does feel good in hand and looks good in person. Would be a huge plus if the articulation was a little better.

I've already got the metallic toy version, but haven't opened it up yet. We'll see how that turns out.

Optimal III   11 weeks 5 days ago
  • Voltron (Ultimates)

I really want to like this. I love Super7, I love the people there, but this seems like a huge missed opportunity, especially from a company whose creation was around JAPANESE TOYS. The proportions are all off (why do the shoulders go so high above the chest?) Why are parts that are white in the animation grey? Why the Popeye forearms? Why have the discs where the lion legs retract on the legs, but not the arms? Either you lean into the animation model, or you lean into the toy model. It also seems like there are a bunch of weird mold / sculpt issues on the green lion. I would expect this out of Mattel, not Super7.

The package is nice though.

JoshB   11 weeks 5 days ago
  • Necron Warrior

Yes, the color & head remind of the ABC war robot from the first Judge Dredd movie.

Optimal III   12 weeks 5 days ago
  • Sunstreaker

Same here. I didn't even notice the color difference until you pointed it out. And while the weapon doesn't fit perfectly in his hand, everything else on mine is tight, including all the wheels. I think you got a...lemon.

NekroDave   13 weeks 5 days ago
  • Sunstreaker

Maybe with Sunstreaker, they didn't feel the need to capture his classic look as much as some of the other WFC toys have.

Can't tell if I got lucky or am just blessed with less than perfect vision, but the difference in shades doesn't look as noticeable on mine.

Optimal III   14 weeks 2 days ago
  • Warpath

Haven't opened mine yet, but happy to have one that's better scaled than what we've had before.

Optimal III   14 weeks 2 days ago
  • At least it looks cool, in and out the box. Would be awesome if someone made a modern, non-crappy version.

Optimal III   14 weeks 2 days ago