So in a nutshell I really know nothing about the whole designer toy thing but I know cool when I see it and what Super 7 has coming at years end is pretty wicked. A Jumbo Machinder Stormtrooper, officially licensed by Lucasfilm.
Here are the facts...
- Firing Fist.
- Wheels on the bottom of the feet.
- Foil stickers will be included in the box for die-hard Jumbo fans
- Run quantity is still undecided
- As of this article pricing is still to be determined but will probably be between $300 and $350
- If this does well enough there will be a Darth Vader and Boba Fett at some point in the future. :)
Embedded below is Brian's entire presentation at the Kotobukiya booth. He wants me to preface this by saying he was A) Very nervous and B) Not used to speaking in front of people. For the record I thought he did fine. The presentation was informative AND entertaining. But enough of me, here's the man himself in his own words.
So there you have it. I think Super 7 may want to consider another one of these bad boys sold. I'm in, in a big way. I think they may very well be cooking up one of the most unique SW collectibles to ever come down the pipeline.
Like I said I don't know a thing about the designer toy scene but Super 7 had lot's on display.
For the record, Brian won all sorts of cool-kid points with me for having his very own Condorman on display in their case. A Japanese Super Hero character I watched back in the day with my Dad in Hawaii.