VF-25S (Super Deformed)
- Name: VF-25S (Super Deformed)
- Release Date:
- Toy Line:
- Char. Design: Shoji Kawamori
- Toy Design:
- SRP:¥ 1,000 (average aftermarket price)
Review by Atom
VF-25S is from the Banpresto produced prize items for Macross Frontier. Ichiban KUJI Premium Macross Frontier is sold in convenience stores across Japan as a lottery. Customers buy a 800 YEN ticket you pull from a blind box with a letter on it telling you which item you have won. It's completely random on what your end up with for your hard earned YEN. Available in the set of Premium goods are...
- A. Klan Klang (Melatrandi Pilot) 25cm tall
- B. Sheryl Nome (Finale Concert Dress) 22cm tall
- C. Ranka Lee (Kira Pose) 20cm tall
- D. Nyan Nyan Bowl
- E. Sport Towel Set (Monster Girl, VF-25, Kabuki Alto)
- F. Super Deformed Character Figure Set (Ranka, Sheryl, Klan, Alto)
- G. Super Deformed Mecha Set (VF-25F Alto Battroid, VF-25S Ozma Armored Gerwalk, VF-27 Brera Battroid, Klan Queadluun-Ray, Raramia Queadluun Ray)
This review we take a look at the Super Deformed/Chibi style VF-25G. Ozma's mecha comes in Gerwalk mode, decorated with his Heavy Armor. And strangely enough for about $14/15 dollars this VF-25S's Gerwalk mode doesn't suck.
The figure is non-poseable but is featured in a striking action pose that still makes it look fairly bad-ass even being a super cute version of the mecha.
The figure stands 3 and a 1/2 inches tall.
Paint detail is neat and clean and I must say for a “prize item” I am impressed. The figure feels like a nice solid, well-made piece, not a cheaper lottery/prize item.
The VF-25S is suitably cute and adorable and while I normally don't collect the chibi/super deformed/nederoid style of figures but I got the entire Banpresto Prize set as a package (I was after the bigger, fixed pose ladies – to be reviewed soon) so I am happy to add her to the growing display of Macross in my collection. Fans of the cute/super deformed style who like Macross F are sure to enjoy it as it is a top quality collectible.
|Posted 20 May, 2009 - 16:06 by Atom|