Combat Armor Soltic H8 (Round Facer)
- Name: Soltic H8
- Number: 015
- Release Date:
- Char. Design: Kunio Okawara
- Toy Design: Katsuhisa Yamaguchi
- SRP:¥ 1,900
Review by JoshB
Revoltech Series No. 15 Real Robo Type Round Facer H8
リボルテックシリーズNo.015 リアルロボタイプ ラウンドフェイサーH8
I was ecstatic to learn that Kaiyodo was making another mech from the Dougram series, this time the Soltic H8 (Round Facer). I have been a huge Dougram fan since the Robotech model kits in the 80s, and this resurgence of Dougram toys is making me quite happy indeed.
Kaiyodo does not disappoint with the new Revoltech Soltic H8. It features durable construction mixed in with the Revoltech joint system. This figure has Revoltech joints in the head, shoulders, waist, hands, knees and ankles. The rest of the joints are monoshaft type.
The Soltic H8 comes with 5 extra hands (thumbs up, pointing, “V” symbol, and 2 gun holding hands) as well as a Hand Linear Gun with a moveable handle. Attached to the back of the shoulders is a 9-tube missile pod that can move up and down.
Following up the H8 will be a limited edition Revoltech H8 Korchima Special, a blue Roundfacer with different weapons. It will be an exclusive to Kaiyodo’s Revoltech friend shop, and other partner stores such as Hobby Link Japan
I only have a few small complaints about this figure
- Most renditions of this toy have come with two weapons: the Hand Linear Gun and the stubbier Mag Launcher. Where is the Mag Launcher?
- There is a small hole on the right arm armor of the figure that is not pictured on the box. What goes there? The upcoming Korchima special has an arm weapon placed there, is it possible they wanted to save some money, and just tool the part once for both robots?
- Why is there no stand for this robot? The Revoltech series has been very inconsistent with inclusion of stands for their toys.
If you are a Dougram fan, or a fan of “real robots”, the Round Facer H8 is a must-buy. With a character design by Kunio Ohkawara and sculpting by Katsuhisa Yamaguchi, you cannot go wrong.
You can get your own Revoltech Soltic H8 at Hobby Link Japan.
|Posted 13 December, 2006 - 16:01 by JoshB|