Review by EVA_Unit_4A
Cameron "Cam" Wantabe- the Green Samurai Ranger- designed & created the Ninja Firebird as a much-needed addition to the Zord arsenal as a result of the evil space ninja master Lothor's increased attacks. Cam used his experience, in working with the Mini-Zord technology from the Thunderstorm Megazord, to create the Ninja Firebird. This finally allowed all of the Megazords to morph together into one giant machine- the all-powerful Hurricane Megazord.
. . .
The Ninja Firebird forms the head, crown, and hands of the Hurricane Megazord; each section coming from it its own separate Power Sphere (or just "Sphere", for short):
Power Sphere #15- launched from the Samurai Star Megazord- contains the crown of the Hurricane Megazord. This section forms the tail of the Ninja Firebird.
Power Sphere #16- launched from the Storm Megazord- contains the head & face of the Hurricane Megazord. This section forms the body of the Ninja Firebird.
Power Sphere #17- launched from the Thunder Megazord- contains the two hands of the Hurricane Megazord. This section forms the wings of the Ninja Firebird.
This is how it changes into its bird mode:
- The tail is ejected from its Sphere...
- ...and begins to rotate along its central joint...
- ...bringing the two halves together.
- Finally, the two small wing-like sections begin to rotate out...
- ...and extent to their full length to complete the change.
- The body is ejected from its Sphere...
- ... and rotates along the two joints in the middle...
- ...bringing it around a full 180 degrees to complete the change.
- The two halves are ejected from their Sphere.
- The claw-like fingers of the hands rotate outwards...
- ...to provide room for the wing sections and thumbs to rotate out...
- ...completing the change.
- The wings attach to the body by snapping the thumbs into holes in the back of the body.
- The tail attaches to the body via a clip underneath it that snaps into a hole on top of the body.
- As an added option for the toy, underneath it there is a set of small wheels that can be rotated out so that it can be rolled along a flat surface.
This little machine animal kind of reminds me of a sparrow wearing a Greek helmet, or an ancient mythological Japanese bird.
The Ninja Firebird features no weapons of its own; however, one time it was used to distract a monster so that the Rangers could make a temporary escape & regroup.
For those of you wondering what the differences were between the Ninja Firebird from "Power Rangers Ninja Storm", and its original Japanese counterpart- Karakuri Ball Set #04- Tri-Condor from "Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger"- they were only cosmetic:
- The lettering on the Power Spheres has a slightly different font. Also, because of US toy regulations, small holes have been punched into both halves of each Sphere so that, if a young child were to put one in their mouth, they wouldn't choke on it as easily.
- Originally, there were two Tri-Condor sets; one for the series, and a special version that came out at the same time as the "Hurricanger" movie. The only differences between these two sets was the movie version had white-colored Karakuri Balls (KBs) as opposed to the normal gold of the TV version, and there was a pendant included that could be worn as a necklace (used by a character in the movie).
Pleasantly enough, there was no difference between the Ninja Firebird and the TV-version of the Tri-Condor; the changes were only to the Power Spheres. And, there were few changes to the DX Samurai Star Lighting Megazord, which was the only way English-speaking audiences could get the Ninja Firebird. This is helpful because, at the sacrifice of the KB #09- Spin Bee, you could get a perfect Tri-Condor set, and a near-perfect DX Tenkujin in the same US box for less that getting the two Japanese sets separately.
|Posted 28 February, 2005 - 21:15 by EVA_Unit_4A|