My current collection days started in 2006, with Bandai's SOC Getter's, from Getter Robo G. I mainly stick to die-cast content collectibles vs. toys and all items have a connection with various Sci-Fi iconic movies, cartoons, comics, etc... from when I was a kid.
Been doing reviews for awhile, has been a fun road and enjoy doing them.
Reviews In order:
1. 2008-06-07-Aoshima-T-800 Endoskeleton
2. 2008-06-26-Thunderbird 2 DX (weathering version)
3. 2009-05-10-Fewture-Boss Borot
5. 2009-06-13- Amok Time-Cylon Commander (Gold)
6. 2009-06-13- Majestic-Cylon Centurion
7. 2009-07-17-Code 3-Rebel Gunship
9. 2010-04-04-Tachikoma (Original Version)
10. 2010-07-10-Marmit-Deslar Ship
11. 2010-07-13- Marmit-Andromeda (Original Version)
12. 2010-07-18-Code 3-Darth Vader's Tie Fighter
13. 2010-07-18-Enterbay-Storm Warriors Sword & Blade Accessory Set
14. 2011-03-03-Aoshima-Nautilus:Metallic version
15. 2011-03-03-AutoArt-Mad Max:The Road Warrior Interceptor
16. 2011-03-11-Aoshima-AirWolf- Normal Version
17. 2011-03-11-Hot Wheels Elite: 1966 Movie Batcycle
18. 2011-03-11-Hot Wheels Elite: 1966 TV Series Batmobile
19. 2011-03-11-Hot Wheels Elite: 1989 Movie Batmobile
20. 2011-03-11-Joyride-Knight Rider K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Two Thousand)
21. 2011-03-11-Product Enterprise-Space 1999: Laboratory Eagle
22. 2011-03-11-Sunstar-Back to the Future Part II: DeLorean Time Machine
23. 2011-03-21-2011-Hotwheels Elite: Dark Knight: Batmobile
24. 2011-03-21-2011-Marmit -MAGMARISER
26. 2011-04-20-22-BBC-Worldwide-Black & Gold Dalek
28. 2011-04-20-Corgi-40th Anniversary Enterprise
29. 2011-04-20-Corgi-40th Anniversary Enterprise-D
30. 2011-04-20-Dream Machine-Blue Thunder
31. 2011-04-20-Ertl-Mach 5: Racer X Version
33. 2011-04-20-Real Action Doll Collection-Boba Fett: RADC
34. 2011-04-22-Aoshima-Zero-X (Thunderbird Version)
35. 2011-04-22-Product Enterprise-SPV: (Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle)
36. 2011-05-03-Aoshima-Shin Getter 1 (W-Wings Version)
37. 2011-05-03-Corgi-Red Dwarf Set
39. 2011-05-03-TomyZoid-Blade Liger
40. 2011-05-30-Corgi-1940's Batmobile Roadster
41. 2011-05-30-Bandai-Daitetsujin 17
42. 2011-06-11-Soft Garage-Tetsujin 28
43. 2011-06-12-AutoArt-Lotus (Sub Version) - James Bond 007
44. 2011-06-16-Product Enterprise-Stingray
45. 2011-06-19-Bandai-Destiny Gundam
46. 2011-06-19-Mimuko-triple Cast-Yamato
47. 2011-06-20-Mimuko-triple Cast-Andromeda
48. 2011-07-17-Takara-MP-01B-Ultimus Prime (Anti-Convoy)
49. 2011-07-15-Code 3-X-Wing:(Signature Series)
50. 2011-07-17-Hot Wheels-U.S.S. Enterprise (ST:TMP)
51. 2011-07-19-Product Enterprise-S.H.A.D.O Mobile
52. 2011-07-26-Fewture-Shin Getter 1
53. 2011-08-07-Hot Toys-Matrix-Sentinel
54. 2011-08-09-Code 3-Slave I (Signature Series)
55. 2011-08-14-Aoshima-TB 2 (normal version)
56. 2011-08-17-Aoshima-Arcadia (Renewal Version)
57. 2011-08-21-Fewture-Boss Borot (Silver Version)
58. 2011-08-25-Fewture-Doublas (Silver Version)
59. 2011-08-27-Bandai-Evil Tiga
60. 2011-08-29-Bandai-Knight Gear Oger
61. 2011-09-03-Hot Toys-Iron Man: Mark VI
62. 2011-09-12-Max Factory-GaoGaiGar:Final version
63. 2011-09-20-Aoshima/Miracle House-Neo Getter 1 (Test and Training Machine)
64. 2011-09-26-86Hero-Mickey Mouse
65. 2011-10-09-Franklin Mint- Enterprise
66. 2011-10-22-HLPro-MetalTech 01X-Grendizer:Deluxe Set Action Figure Pack
67. 2011-10-28-Art Asylum-NX-01:Enterprise
68. 2011-11-4-Jarwares Inc.-Sonic the Hedgehog
69. 2011-11-15-Fewture-Ex-Gokin-Energer 1969
71. 2012-1-22-HotWheels-Custom Motors-Batmobile
72. 2012-1-27-Hot Toys-War Machine (Special Edition)
74. 2012-08-26-Code 3-Millennium Falcon
75. 2013-01-22-Monsterarts-Burning Godzilla
I grew up on Japanese mecha & anime because my father had several Japanese magazines and unmade models in a closet. LEGOs certainly contributed to that in a big way too!
I was too young to know about "Transformers" until around when "Beast Wars" aired in '96. I very-much enjoyed the [first] live-action film that was released in 2007... though the sequel in 2009 was questionable at best. I also enjoyed the American-made "Transformers: Animated" (2008).
After "Power Rangers" began in '93, I was instantly hooked on them. Then in 2002, I got wise and realized what a rip-off "PR" was, and so I became a Sentai-snob and switched to the original Super Sentai saga instead.
I've also become interested in the Kamen Rider saga since I finished TV-Nihon's subbed third-generation/35th Anniversary "Kamen Rider Kabuto" (TheBee Zecter was my favorite!), and I thoroughly enjoyed the lighter-toned "...Den-O" (2007). I've also caught up on on "...Blade" (2004) (which is probably as far back as I'll go). And I liked watching the Americanized-remake "Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight", which actually is doing pretty well IMO for the transition over from the original series, 2002's "Kamen Rider Ryuki".
To this day, "Neon Genesis Evangelion" remains one of my all-time favorite anime series (where do you think I got my username from?), but I haven't seen a stitch of any "Gundam" ever!
Of course, the diagnosis of high-functioning autism- specifically Asperger's Syndrome- in 2002 finally explained my strong compulsion for such things throughout my life and even into today...!
My reviews on CollectionDX: (updated May 8, 2013)
Until better is set-up, here are the collected links to all of the reviews I have made for CDX:
- 2001 - "Hyakujuu Sentai GaoRanger" (25th Anniversary series!)
- DX Hyakujuu Gattai Gao King
- PA-1 Gao Elephant
- PA-2 Gao Giraffe
- PA-3 Gao Polar and Gao Bear
- PA-4 Gao Gorilla
- GaoRanger combination- Hyakujuu Gattai Gao Muscle
- DX Majuu Gattai Gao Hunter Evil
- PA-5 Gao Rhino and Gao Armadillo
- PA-6 Gao Dias
- PA-7 Gao Falcon
- GaoRanger combination- Hyakujuu Gattai Gao Icarus
- PA-SP Gao Kong, and Hyakujuu Gattai Gao Knight
- Hyakujuu Gattai- The Power Animals Assembled!
- 2002 - "Ninpuu Sentai Hurricanger "
- 2003 - "Bakuryuu Sentai AbaRanger"
- 2004 - "Tokusou Sentai DekaRanger"
- 2005 - "Mahou Sentai MagiRanger"
- 2006 - "Gougou Sentai Boukenger" (30th Anniversary series!)
- DX Gougou Gattai DaiBouken
- Gougou Gattai Vehicle #1- Gougou Drill
- Gougou Gattai Vehicle #2- Gougou Shovel
- Gougou Gattai Vehicle #3- Gougou Mixer
- Gougou Gattai Vehicle #4- Gougou Crane
- Boukenger combination- Chou Gougou Gattai Super DaiBouken
- Gougou Gattai Vehicle #5- Gougou Jet
- Boukenger combination- Kyuukyoku Gougou Gattai Ultimate DaiBouken
- DX Kinkyuu Gougou Gattai Siren Builder
- DX Daikenjin Zubaan
- DX Chouzetsu Gougou Gattai DaiVoyager
- Gougou Gattai- The Gougou Vehicles Assembled!
- 2007 - "Jyuken Sentai GekiRanger"
- 2008 - "Engine Sentai Go-Onger"
- DX Engine Gattai Engine-Oh
- Engine Gattai Series #4- Engine Birca
- Engine Gattai Series #5- Engine Gunpherd
- Engine Gattai Series #6- Engine Carrigator
- DX Engine Gattai Gunbir-Oh
- Go-Onger combination- Engine Gattai Engine-Oh G6
- Engine Gattai Series #7- Engine Toripter
- Engine Gattai Series #8- Engine Jettoras
- Engine Gattai Series #9 - Engine Jumbwhale
- DX Engine Gattai Seiku-Oh
- Go-Onger combination- Engine Gattai Engine-Oh G9
- DX Soukou Sharin Go-Roader GT
- Self Henkeijuu MantanGun
- DX Engine Gattai Engine DaiShōgun
- 2009 - "Samurai Sentai Shinkenger"
- Henshin Keitai Shodou Phone
- Hiden Saiseitou ShinkenMaru
- DX Samurai Gattai Shinken-Oh
- Samurai Gattai Series 01- Kabuto Origami
- Samurai Gattai Series 02- Kajiki Origami
- Samurai Gattai Series 03- Tora Origami
- Samurai Gattai DaiTenkuu, and Chou Samurai Gattai Tenkuu Shinken-Oh
- Zangeki Kanjōtō Sakanamaru
- Samurai Gattai Series 04 - Ika Origami
- DX Samurai Kyojin Daikai-Oh
- Samurai Gattai Series EX - Kyoryu Origami
- DX Hiden Chōchin DaiGoyō
- DX Samurai Kyojin Mogyudai-Oh
- Super Robot Chogokin: Shinken-Oh
- 2010 - "Tensou Sentai Goseiger"
- 2011 - "Kaizoku Sentai Gokaiger" (35th Anniversary series!)
- 1993 - "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" (Season 1)
- Deluxe Megazord (review by JoshB, video only by me)
- Deluxe Dragonzord (review by Christopher_Andre, video only by me)
- Deluxe Titanus The Carrier Zord (review by Christopher_Andre, videos only by me)
- 1994 - "Mighty Morphin Power Rangers" (Season 2)
- 1996 - "Power Rangers Zeo"
- 1998 - "Power Rangers in Space"
- 1999 - "Power Rangers Lost Galaxy"
- 2000 - "Power Rangers Lightspeed Rescue"
- 2003 - "Power Rangers Ninja Storm"
- 2004 - "Power Rangers Dino Thunder"
- 2005 - "Power Rangers S.P.D."
- 2007 - "Power Rangers Operation Overdrive"
- 2008 - "Power Rangers Jungle Fury"
- 2009 - "Power Rangers RPM"
- 2011 - "Power Rangers Samurai"
- 2007- "Kamen Rider Den-O"
- 2008- "Kamen Rider Kiva"
- 2009- "Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight"
- 2006 (first year- Sentai Fortress theme)
- 2007 (second year- Golden City theme)
- 2008 (final year - Deep Jungle theme)
--LEGO "Star Wars"--
- 7252 - Droid Tri-Fighter (original 2005 release)
--LEGO "Power Miners"--
--LEGO "Space Police III"--
- Scout-class Autobot Air Raid
- Scout-class Autobot Armorhide
- Scout-class Autobot Signal Flare
- Scout-class Autobot Skyblast
- Scout-class Autobot Strongarm
- Deluxe-class Final Battle Jazz
- Deluxe-class Autobot Jazz (Premium Series)
- Deluxe-class Autobot Landmine (AllSpark Power line)
- Deluxe-class Decepticon Dropkick
- Deluxe-class Decepticon Payload
- Deluxe-class Decepticon Wreckage
- Voyager-class Autobot Ironhide
- Voyager-class Autobot Ironhide (Premium Series)
- Voyager-class Autobot Ratchet
- Voyager-class Decepticon Blackout
- Leader-class Decepticon Brawl
- Battle Scenes line - Capture of Bumblebee
- Battle Scenes line - Desert Attack
- Battle Scenes line - Final Stand
- Real Gear Robots line - Autobot Longview
- Real Gear Robots line - Autobot Night Beat 7
- Real Gear Robots line - Autobot Speed Dial 800
- Real Gear Robots line - Decepticon Booster X10
- Real Gear Robots line - Decepticon Meantime
- Real Gear Robots line - Decepticon Power Up VT6
- Real Gear Robots line - Decepticon Wire Tap V20
- Deluxe-class Autobot Bumblebee
- Deluxe-class Autobot Ironhide (Cybertron Mode)
- Deluxe-class Autobot Jazz
- Deluxe-class Autobot Prowl
- Deluxe-class Autobot Swoop
- Deluxe-class Decepticon Soundwave
- Voyager-class Autobot Optimus Prime (Earth Mode)
- Voyager-class Autobot Grimlock
- Voyager-class Decepticon Blitzwing
- Voyager-class Decepticon Lugnut
- Voyager-class Decepticon Shockwave
- Voyager-class Decepticon Starscream
- Leader-class Autobot Bulkhead
- Leader-class Autobot Ultra Magnus
- Leader-class Decepticon Megatron (Earth Mode)
- Windy City Chase (Walmart exclusive)
- Scout-class Autobot Depthcharge
- Scout-class Autobot Dune Runner
- Scout-class Decepticon Ejector
- Scout-class Decepticon Scalpel
- Deluxe-class Autobot Arcee
- Deluxe-class Autobot Chromia
- Deluxe-class Autobot Jolt
- Deluxe-class Autobot Mudflap
- Deluxe-class Autobot Sideswipe
- Deluxe-class Autobot Skids
- Deluxe-class Decepticon Sideways
- Voyager-class Decepticon Demolishor
- Voyager-class Decepticon Long Haul
- Voyager-class Decepticon Mindwipe
- Voyager-class Decepticon Mixmaster
- Leader-class Autobot Jetfire
- Leader-class Autobot Optimus Prime (voted as CDX's 2009 Best Transforming Toy of the Year!)
- Masterpiece Movie Series Starscream (Japan-exclusive repaint)
- 1982-83 - "Super Dimensional Fortress Macross"
- VF-1S Super Valkyrie "Roy Focker Special" (1990 reissue) (voted as CDX's 2009 Best Vintage Toy of the Year!)
- Origin of Valkyrie: VF-1S Valkyrie "Roy Focker Special"
- Origin of Valkyrie: VF-1J Valkyrie (Hikaru Ichijyo ver.)
- 1984 - "Super Dimensional Fortress Macross- Do You Remember Love?"
--"Neon Genesis Evangelion"--
- Soul of Chogokin Spec XS-01 - Evangelion Unit-01
- Evangelion Unit-00’ (bootleg)
- Extra Mermaid Figure
- Rebuild of Evangelion"
--Mobile Suit Gundam--
- SD Gundam
- "Mobile Suit Gundam SEED" (2002)
- 1966-69- "Star Trek" (aka 'The Original Series')
- Starship Legends U.S.S. Enterprise NCC-1701 (HD Edition)
- Trek Tek Replicas TOS Communicator
- Trek Tek Replicas TOS Science Tricorder
- Trek Tek Replicas TOS Black Handle Phaser
- 1982- "Star Trek II- The Wrath of Khan"
- 1986-94- "Star Trek: The Next Generation"
- 2009- "Star Trek" (feature film)
--Switch & Go Dinos (20012)--
--"WALL•E" (2008 film)--
- "The Dark Knight" Two-Disc Special Edition (Walmart exclusive) (2008, PG-13)
- "Evangelion: 1.01- You Are (Not) Alone" (2007, PG-13)
- "Robot Jox" (1990, PG-13)
- "Star Trek" 2-Disc Digital Copy Special Edition (2009, PG-13)
- "Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen" 2-Disc Big Screen Special Edition (Walmart-exclusive) (2009, PG-13)
- August, 2008 - CybCon 2008
- June, 2006 - Super Sentai in Seattle (my Super Sentai collection on display at Kicks-Hobby Japan)
- 11/20/2009- CollectionDX EXCLUSIVE! Interview with "Kamen Rider: Dragon Knight" actor Matt Mullins
- 06/22/2012"One Piece" (2001-present) - Figuarts ZERO Caymy [as featured on Otaku.CollectionDX.com!]
I collect almost anything that interests me, very rarely building up a collection of just one line. Smaller, cheaper toys with neat gimmicks always interest me- lighter on the wallet, but just as good hand candy. Never collected as a child, but as I grew older, I saw what I'd missed, and started buying candy toys and TFs, then SoCs, then deeper and deeper into the fandom... Well, until I got the burning desire to collect most, if not all of the Megazords. eBay is like an older brother to me~
Still don't quite get Machinders, though.
Fairly new to collecting. Have always been a fan of the genre of Giant Robots and mechs. Grew up watching Tranzor Z (Mazinger Z), Voltron, Transformers (g1), Go-bots, and other late 70's and 80's cartoons. Also huge fan of Star Wars. Collected a large amount of the Kenner figures from the late 90's/early 2000's. Only recently (2012) got into learning about Gundam and have been actively trying to get my hands on a few Gunpla kits to build but not easy to do locally in my rural small country town in the US.
I'm also a huge computer gamer. Love MMORPG's. Have been playing EverQuest II since Sept of 2005. Played Star Wars Galaxies from 2003 to 2005, and played Dark Age of Camelot from 1998 to 2003. I tend to stick with 1 MMORPG at a time. I do play other games frequently on my PC and PS3.
I'm a kid of the 80s, grew up with the usual suspects of heman, transformers, thundercats and gijoe. I loved animation of all sorts. Since I was overseas and not in North America certain toys were harder to find, but I was also exposed to more shows that I guess were shown in the British or European market.
Toywise heman, thundercats and gijoe were my thing. Though I loved those shows I would also get exposed to great shows like Robotech ( Macross ), Spiral Zone, Galaxy Rangers and so forth.
I'm really into mech / robots and when I was younger one of my friends cousins had this toy from Hong Kong it was the Transformers Jetfire in a Macross like box setup with armor. I was so amazed at the clicky sounds and the decent amount of transforming and just the amount of detail in it.
Came to Canada when I was starting High School and was always reminiscing about how cool it would be to track down all my old childhood toys and thanks to ebay I did just that like i think most collectors did.
Also I was collecting comics at the time and Silver Snail also opened my eyes to a lot of older toys and japanese imports.
I think this hobby is not so much how many items you accumulate, but the joy and honesty of a time in your life when things werent as complicated as life now.
I like super robots, Saint Seiya, Gold Knight Garo, and comic book stuff.