User by Country
I like Macross and Gundam. Robots that turn into jets are good. I have some other random stuff, some Transformers, some Henshin Cyborg, stuff like that, but I'm trying to cull it down to the essentials.
My earliest childhood memory is of seeing a Jumbo Shogun Warrior Daimos hidden in a closet as a gift. I had all the Shogun jumbos as a kid, but none of the diecasts so as an adult collector, my main focus has been Jumbo Machinders, including Junior Machinders, Mini Machinders, Carnival Machinders and anything else that seems to fit into the genre but recently I've decided to try to collect, and document for the site, everything Shogun related. I do collect other things as well including classic American monsters, Japanese robots and kaiju, action figures, comic books, dvds, posters, Halloween costumes, board games and anything else that I think will look good on display. Basically anything vintage horror, sci-fi and fantasy is fair game!
I've loved robots since a found a discarded transformer lost on a beach as a child. I've always appreciated old diecast figures, although I don't own too many myself. I am a fan of both old and new robot cartoons.
My current collection of modern gokin include Aoshima's Neo Getter Robo (black), CM's GoShogun and Sankanoh, and Yamato's Danguard Ace.
My current collection of classic gokin include ST Dynarobo, two ST Laserions (Japanese and American releases), DX Laserion, and a Voltron of some model that has seen better days.
On the plastic front I have a Toybox Nekobot a surprisingly nice KO Mightgaine, and a troop of Glyos figures.
The pride of my collection is, Voltron "Trapped on Jungle Planet," a 24 page book and tape. It's still sealed in it's original packaging!
A big fan of both mecha and moe figures. Besides collecting toys, I'm also an artist and enjoy watching anime.
I dig robots. Mostly shogun warriors, vintage popy, macross, and diecast stuff. I've been collection since I was 10, hardly ever played with my toys as a kid. Still own the machinders my parents gave to me for Christmas in 1982. :)
I like robots. A lot. I started actively collecting in 1998, but I always had lots of toys as a kid. I had Shogun Warriors and Star Wars toys mostly. I was heavily influenced by shows like Force 5, Robotech, Voltron, Captain Harlock, Starblazers, Speed Racer and Battle of the Planets. Today, I run CollectionDX!
I love robots of many varieties. My work for CDX is more focused on the obscure or unusual, but most of my collection is made up of classic Gokin and Real Robot-era pieces. My favorite toys of all time are Diaclone. My robo-fetishes are diecast, transparency, magnets, and motorcycles, although you could say that goofiness, ugliness, weirdness, and obscurity are also fetishes.
My favorite designers are Syd Mead and Kawamori Shoji.
I am an architect in beautiful Denver, CO. My other obsessions are music, design, Vespas, and reading.
Hello, my name is Mark. I am a database engineer with a wonderful wife and two beautiful daughters and I love chogokin! It's a pleasure to be a part of the community!
I've been collecting Transformers since the 80's. While I loved Robotech, back in the day, Macross has surpassed this by tenfold. Havne't been able to quite start collecting Macross yet, but soon enough...
I'm currently an ME student in Georgia, who spends prolly too much money on toys as it is. I've been a fan of robots since I was about 2 years old, when I watched SD Gundam for the first time. This was my first anime exposure as I crossed the threshold into merchandise hell. Since then I've collected a lot of things, mostly robots though. I was very big into the real robot genre in my teens, until I found out about Go Nagai. Since then I think I may be an even bigger super robot fan instead. There's something so... primal and feral about it that's just incredibly awesome. Super Robot Wars, Kamen Rider, and Gundam are probably some of my favorite things, when it comes to shows, video games, and toys of course.
My current collection days started in 2006, with Bandai's SOC Getter's, from Getter Robo G. I mainly stick to die-cast content collectibles vs. toys and all items have a connection with various Sci-Fi iconic movies, cartoons, comics, etc... from when I was a kid.
Been doing reviews for awhile, has been a fun road and enjoy doing them.
Reviews In order:
1. 2008-06-07-Aoshima-T-800 Endoskeleton
2. 2008-06-26-Thunderbird 2 DX (weathering version)
3. 2009-05-10-Fewture-Boss Borot
5. 2009-06-13- Amok Time-Cylon Commander (Gold)
6. 2009-06-13- Majestic-Cylon Centurion
7. 2009-07-17-Code 3-Rebel Gunship
9. 2010-04-04-Tachikoma (Original Version)
10. 2010-07-10-Marmit-Deslar Ship
11. 2010-07-13- Marmit-Andromeda (Original Version)
12. 2010-07-18-Code 3-Darth Vader's Tie Fighter
13. 2010-07-18-Enterbay-Storm Warriors Sword & Blade Accessory Set
14. 2011-03-03-Aoshima-Nautilus:Metallic version
15. 2011-03-03-AutoArt-Mad Max:The Road Warrior Interceptor
16. 2011-03-11-Aoshima-AirWolf- Normal Version
17. 2011-03-11-Hot Wheels Elite: 1966 Movie Batcycle
18. 2011-03-11-Hot Wheels Elite: 1966 TV Series Batmobile
19. 2011-03-11-Hot Wheels Elite: 1989 Movie Batmobile
20. 2011-03-11-Joyride-Knight Rider K.I.T.T. (Knight Industries Two Thousand)
21. 2011-03-11-Product Enterprise-Space 1999: Laboratory Eagle
22. 2011-03-11-Sunstar-Back to the Future Part II: DeLorean Time Machine
23. 2011-03-21-2011-Hotwheels Elite: Dark Knight: Batmobile
24. 2011-03-21-2011-Marmit -MAGMARISER
26. 2011-04-20-22-BBC-Worldwide-Black & Gold Dalek
28. 2011-04-20-Corgi-40th Anniversary Enterprise
29. 2011-04-20-Corgi-40th Anniversary Enterprise-D
30. 2011-04-20-Dream Machine-Blue Thunder
31. 2011-04-20-Ertl-Mach 5: Racer X Version
33. 2011-04-20-Real Action Doll Collection-Boba Fett: RADC
34. 2011-04-22-Aoshima-Zero-X (Thunderbird Version)
35. 2011-04-22-Product Enterprise-SPV: (Spectrum Pursuit Vehicle)
36. 2011-05-03-Aoshima-Shin Getter 1 (W-Wings Version)
37. 2011-05-03-Corgi-Red Dwarf Set
39. 2011-05-03-TomyZoid-Blade Liger
40. 2011-05-30-Corgi-1940's Batmobile Roadster
41. 2011-05-30-Bandai-Daitetsujin 17
42. 2011-06-11-Soft Garage-Tetsujin 28
43. 2011-06-12-AutoArt-Lotus (Sub Version) - James Bond 007
44. 2011-06-16-Product Enterprise-Stingray
45. 2011-06-19-Bandai-Destiny Gundam
46. 2011-06-19-Mimuko-triple Cast-Yamato
47. 2011-06-20-Mimuko-triple Cast-Andromeda
48. 2011-07-17-Takara-MP-01B-Ultimus Prime (Anti-Convoy)
49. 2011-07-15-Code 3-X-Wing:(Signature Series)
50. 2011-07-17-Hot Wheels-U.S.S. Enterprise (ST:TMP)
51. 2011-07-19-Product Enterprise-S.H.A.D.O Mobile
52. 2011-07-26-Fewture-Shin Getter 1
53. 2011-08-07-Hot Toys-Matrix-Sentinel
54. 2011-08-09-Code 3-Slave I (Signature Series)
55. 2011-08-14-Aoshima-TB 2 (normal version)
56. 2011-08-17-Aoshima-Arcadia (Renewal Version)
57. 2011-08-21-Fewture-Boss Borot (Silver Version)
58. 2011-08-25-Fewture-Doublas (Silver Version)
59. 2011-08-27-Bandai-Evil Tiga
60. 2011-08-29-Bandai-Knight Gear Oger
61. 2011-09-03-Hot Toys-Iron Man: Mark VI
62. 2011-09-12-Max Factory-GaoGaiGar:Final version
63. 2011-09-20-Aoshima/Miracle House-Neo Getter 1 (Test and Training Machine)
64. 2011-09-26-86Hero-Mickey Mouse
65. 2011-10-09-Franklin Mint- Enterprise
66. 2011-10-22-HLPro-MetalTech 01X-Grendizer:Deluxe Set Action Figure Pack
67. 2011-10-28-Art Asylum-NX-01:Enterprise
68. 2011-11-4-Jarwares Inc.-Sonic the Hedgehog
69. 2011-11-15-Fewture-Ex-Gokin-Energer 1969
71. 2012-1-22-HotWheels-Custom Motors-Batmobile
72. 2012-1-27-Hot Toys-War Machine (Special Edition)
74. 2012-08-26-Code 3-Millennium Falcon
75. 2013-01-22-Monsterarts-Burning Godzilla
I mostly collect car & train models, but there's the occasional robot in there.
Rob. Live in WA. Shows I like: Saint Seiya, Bleach, Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, Zyuranger, Dairanger(sort of), Kakuranger, Transformers G1 and the films(I guess?) Fairy Tail, fate/stay night, Inuyasha, Death Note Clamps' X, Cardcaptor Sakura, Samurai Troopers, Devil May Cry.
Games: Just about anything Legend of Zelda. Most of the older Mario games, Dishonored, Transformers: War for Cybertron and Fall of Cybertron, Destroy All Humans(I like the second better), Tomba, the original Spyro Games.
I collected Transformers mostly G1 characters, Star wars mostly Original Trilogy, Godzilla, Ultraman, Super Robots, Silver Hawks, Doctor Who, Tron, Gijoes, original art, and various other stuff.
I've been a fan of toys almost since before I could speak. I cut my teeth buying everything from the Real Ghostbusters line that I could, and I later moved on to amass huge collections of Power Rangers mecha, Transformers, and other goodies.
After many years of reading and enjoying the reviews on CDX, I finally decided to join up and share my expertise. Pictures of my collections will be uploaded to my gallery as soon as I get some better photo equipment, but in the meantime, you can view most of my stuff on my DA page, in the gallery that I whimsically dubbed my "Mechollection". http://tasakeru828.deviantart.com/gallery/10690876