CollectionDX Network
CollectionDX - Toy Reviews, Toy News, Japanese Toys and Action Figures

That one piece (Bandai 1:55 VF-1A)

Posted: 24 December, 2012 - 21:48

I just got a used Bandai 1:55 VF-1A Valkyrie toy for Christmas. It's in good shape, came with the box, everything works, etc. The only missing pieces are two of the five projectiles for the spring-loaded cannon.

There's one piece that I can't figure out how it works. I know what it does: it holds the cannon when the toy is in fighter mode. I just can't figure out where it attaches. It looks like a rectangular bracket with a sleeve on one side that is just the right size for the grip of the cannon, and has two posts on what for lack of a better term I shall call the front, perpendicular to the sleeve.

Where does this thing go?

Most enlightening, thank you!

• 26 December, 2012 - 11:50

Most enlightening, thank you! But I am now confused: where and how does the gun attach in fighter mode? And why does it need an arm clip in battroid or gerwalk mode when the right hand is clearly designed to hold the gun like a rifle?

With this toy, it doesn't

• 26 December, 2012 - 16:53

With this toy, it doesn't attach in fighter mode. It was a major oversight in the original design that has been corrected with more modern toys like the Yamato transforming Valkyries.

The gun attaching to the arm replicates a scene in the original anime. Basically, It's a place to stash the gun while using two hands to fight or move debris.

This is actually an arm clip

• 26 December, 2012 - 10:26

This is actually an arm clip for the gun - I don't think it has a place in fighter mode.

[G2:454430]