• hi!

KNC is very excited to be working w/ collectiondx and its loyal fans!

thanks for the opportunity to be part of cdx!

becky lee
    kid nemo company

becky lee at KNC   11 years 30 weeks ago
  • Mike de Coninck sends this photo showing something I never realised was out there. It seems that some Combattler Jumbos come with the claw fist on the RIGHT hand instead of the left like mine! Everything else is the same.

Nekrodave   11 years 30 weeks ago
  • Dairugger XV

Hiya Josh and a big Congratulations on locating this legendary toy!

I read Collection DX regularly and am from Australia. Upon reading your review I remembered way back in 1989 when I migrated to Australia, my cousin gave me this exact same toy as a present!

Of course at that time I thought - this is a cheap copy of the bigger combining Dairugger XV that another friend gave me!

Never did I realise that it would be so prized today as a collectors item!!

Back then in Indonesia these toys were plentiful including all the legendary Bandai chogokin line of toys!

primetimex   11 years 30 weeks ago
  • Return Of The Fly

It seems that my box was not "destroyed and thrown away", it was only damaged and stored away. So I took some pics and added them to the gallery. You can see how the interior plastic gets torn off the cardboard back when you remove the figure.

Nekrodave   11 years 31 weeks ago
  • I'm new to your site as well. :)

My sons are 9 and 4 and love the show. I know my 9 year old is very excited about a Kitara figure. Although he would LOVE to see a Toph! :)

My biggest problem is that these figures are hard to find.. Not ALL of them, but some. Right now, I can't find anything in the stores. Even online they're few and far between.... Some sites have some of the 6.99 figures listed for 20-30.00! Since we're new to the whole "Action Figure" thing, are there any good places for purchasing the figures?? I have managed to get my hands on just about all of them. I think he's missing like 3 of the figures now...

My3SpoiledBoys   11 years 31 weeks ago
  • i was on youtube and i typed in the word avatar and it came up as your add. andi totally think this toy is cool! my niece loves it!

kir13   11 years 31 weeks ago
  • ok i have a niece who watches the show and sometiems i even watch it with her and when the first two lines came out she was confused because there was no katara but yet there was a king bumi and admiral zhao. she wrote a letter to mattel asking when or, is katara going to be in anyline of actino figures.

So are those action figures above coming out in the third line and is katara coming out in the third line too? well thank you. and may i say lovely essay. ,kir

kir13   11 years 32 weeks ago
  • Sanda

Can you believe that I have never seen this movie? I must rectify that!

• I own a Daibouken too, and first I thought I would wait for the PR version for those other Gougou vehicles (drill, shovel, etc.) Now I think I have to find them here in Asia since those PR toys wouldn't fit my Daibouken. Thank you for your review..

ct2548   11 years 33 weeks ago
  • Hi,
    I did read your reviews of all the Sentai's DX toys and love them a lot. Thank you very much and keep up your good work.

ct2548   11 years 33 weeks ago
  • 12 Inch Super Robot

I just got this picture of the blue body/orange limb 12" Super Robot that I suspected was out there. Well, now that I'm sure it exists, I gotta find one for myself!

Nekrodave   11 years 33 weeks ago
  • I've been telling Mattel the same thing. Unfortunately lines are planned out long before they talk to me. It was confirmed that there will be Kitara among the new 18 figures, but no word on Toph or Azula. I'm sure we will see an Iroh figure. Best we as fans can do is make our opinions heard to mattel. You can send an email to Mattel Customer service to voice your concern but other than that, vote with your wallet. If Kitara sells well maybe they will see the error of their ways.

Josh

• I think the odds have it. Megs is on for the next big toy for the next few months, in his G1 form and coming soon in his Live Action form. Remember and promote the biggest face of evil no matter what shape he takes.

Rob Braun   11 years 33 weeks ago
  • Hey, new to this so bear with me... I am a Mom that has been confused as to why there are no female characters marketed?! My baby is a 6 year old boy who has been bustin my chops to get him the "girls" but I cannot get him something they don't make! Is it really true that they are finally releasing Kitara??!! what about Azula & Toff is it [the blind earthbending master]??!! I don't understand what they are thinking?! I know PLENTY of little girls who love the show & feel slighted & Actually my son is more pissed than they are! He's the type of kid that wants the WHOLE series... no matter if its a boy/girl, animal character... whatever!! They really are underestimating our children!! that just because it may be more popular with boys that the female ones wouldn't sell... just STUPID!! & also what about Uncle Iroh?? he's been a main character from the beginning!! They make King Bumi & Jet but not him??!! I don't know who is marketing this stuff but they definitely need to get a clue!!
    ~Jason's Mom~

webbmomstaxi   11 years 33 weeks ago
  • I agree with having Megatron. Reason being that there will be much hype with the upcoming movie this summer which I hope most of you are looking forward too. It's gonna be mad cool. Use the Megatron pic from the Japanese reissue that's a strong image, but unfortunately he won't be a gun... You need an artist to take a crack at the banner give me the info I'll do it. Jonathan

Tetsuo Shima   11 years 33 weeks ago
  • .
    O.o?
    Is anyone actually, like, reading my reviews? What 'choo think o' them? What about what I'm reviewing- am I getting them right? What do I miss?
    ^_^;

• Oh- that's just funny! There's a whole stack of Deluxe Manticore Megazords bigger than that at TRUs near where I live...
    Hee hee hee hee... ^_^

• I also like Megatron as a banner illustration but I would like to see Godzilla first. Why? For one thing Godzilla is one of the most iconic figures in pop culture. Secondly robots are already well represented in the banner, but monsters aren't. Darth vader is ok, but there are plenty of Star Wars sites that give him his due.

"Dinobots, destroy Devestator!"-Optimus Prime TFTM

Goldenage   11 years 33 weeks ago
  • I don't know, it doesn't look to me like kids are going crazy for the Jumbo Rangers....

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Nekrodave   11 years 33 weeks ago
  • I chose Megatron mostly because there's nothing really important going on with the others right now. And this is based mostly on the upcoming MP-05 Masterpiece Megatron due in stores soon. (MP-05 rules compared to the G1 version- I want one!)

Yes, this is the 30th-anniversary of "Star Wars", and I certainly agree that Vader should get some time in the sun this year as one of- if not the- iconic characters/images in sci-fi film history.

Godzilla? No doubt there's yet another film on the way (mind you, I'm not complaining), but I'm not feeling a buzz right now. (Oh, BTW, for as campy and cheezy as it was, why doesn't the US-remake Godzilla ever get any love? It was certainly on the level as some of Gojira's early ones!)

Scopedog? No interest there for me.

Dairugger XV? No interest there for me.

• Grendizer

RE: your backgrounds - you can use an iron to iron out the wrinkles, and a lint brush to get rid of debris.

This looks great, BTW.

• Grendizer

Thanks, brotha!!

Hmmm...I wonder if we'll ever see a review of Wave's SDF-1 Macross any time soon... ;)

Sanjeev

Sanjeev   11 years 33 weeks ago
  • Grendizer

It's bangin'! Definitely come by and check it out!

And, yes, I'm praying they do more FLOSRs in the Daigokin format. There are SO many amazing sculpts in that line (the Getter G's, Danguard A, etc.). I'll leave the Daigokin Gaiking to you! I'm happy with my yellow-belly custom (which I should review soon!).

You're correct: this is the first use of the new studio. Pretty nice, but not sure how I feel about the artsy backdrops (it came with blue, red, black, and white). Nekrodave said that draped look reminds him of a yearbook photo! HA!!

Sanjeev

Sanjeev   11 years 33 weeks ago
  • Grendizer

That's a bummer about your paint issues. But now that ya mention it, if you take a look at the "articulated.jpg" right under my paragraph about the toy's articulation, you can see a very subtle dark grey spot on the right thigh just to the side of the purple knee. As far as I can tell, that's the only paint flaw on mine. Sucks that you got a lemon...hopefully, that's a fluke and others won't have such issues...

I don't have the predecessors, but I've heard from some people that they've had red paint bubbling/chipping on the pilders. Hmmm...

Sanjeev

Sanjeev   11 years 33 weeks ago
  • Grendizer

Those outdoor shots are fantastic!! Great review as well. Nice Job.

Atom (not verified)   11 years 33 weeks ago