• Monster Hunter Ralph

Seems like this whole line is also a homage to the 90's Playmates line where all the characters also got decked as various Universal monsters?

Tetsuryu   5 weeks 6 days ago
  • Fortress Maximus

It's kind of weird that they went with a toy accurate face for Fort Max but with a cartoon/comic accurate face for Cerebros. Not that there's that big of a difference, but when it comes to "American" Fort Max, I always think of the goggled face.

Tetsuryu   5 weeks 6 days ago
  • Vampire Ralph
    LOL

I wondered about the wisdom of arming a vampire with wooden stakes myself. Maybe he's in disguise as a vampire so he can get close to stake them.

Heavyarms   5 weeks 6 days ago
  • Twinferno

Also, I'm a little soft on the figures I review, but soon I'll be doing more bootlegs, so I'll really have some stuff to complaint about :)

quinncat   6 weeks 3 hours ago
  • Twinferno

Yeah the tail on mine doesn't fit together very well either!

quinncat   6 weeks 6 hours ago
  • Twinferno

i wanted to like him but i think hes pretty bad. the dragon arms don't have enough articulation to really do anything so he can only hold the guns all awkwardly and the dragon mode is kinda poorly designed. especially the way the tail tabs into the body.

siningy   6 weeks 15 hours ago
  • Twinferno

I think this figure is pretty good, but I don't know how much better the Takara one is. Is the extra paint and stuff on legends doublecross worth the money to you guys?

quinncat   6 weeks 1 day ago
  • Kyrieloid

This guy is very cool. I own a bunch of Ultra Act Ultramen but no kaiju yet. I may just get this guy.

InkdKaiju72   6 weeks 2 days ago
  • Mega Man X Full Armor

Hello, I'm new here.
    I wonder if the items shown are for display only or are available for sale.
    Does this item: "Mega Man X Full Armor" (BANDAI / D-ARTS) is available for sale?
    Thankyou

olecramcm   6 weeks 5 days ago
  • Gundam Bael

Good review, interesting design. Definitely looks like a Gundam, but the colors & backpack remind me of Tallgeese III.

Optimal III   7 weeks 5 hours ago
  • Starscream

Honestly I didn't know that! I know it's not the figure's fault, but that makes me like it a little less!

That's another example of a misstep in the aligned continuity trying and failing to fit together into a cohesive narrative! Really hasbro, Do we really have to pretend that wfc/foc are canon with Prime and rid2015?

Sorry for the little rant there, that just really frustrates me!

quinncat   7 weeks 3 days ago
  • Starscream

All the gaps are annoying, but I like the backpack design. It's a good look. I haven't watched any of RID yet though, so I'm feeling mixed. Starscream's apparent death at the end of Prime was the perfect end for this version of the character, so I'm disappointed he's back in less than impressive fashion.

Optimal III   7 weeks 3 days ago
  • Starscream

My opinions on this figure are pretty mixed! So, does anyone have any concrete
    Good or bad feelings about it?

quinncat   7 weeks 3 days ago
  • Blastwave

Yeah good point, he doesn't really make an attempt to look like his show model!

quinncat   8 weeks 1 day ago
  • Blastwave

He's definitely one of the better looking RID figures, and despite the hollow legs & arms, looks more complete than most of his peers. I think he'd be better served looking like his on-screen version instead of a Bludgeon repaint, but so be it.

Optimal III   8 weeks 1 day ago
  • Blastwave

Since bludgeon hasn't really come out in America yet, what do you guys think about blastwave?

quinncat   8 weeks 1 day ago
  • Fhreihterpan

I found a freighterpan in the same packaging in about 2011 where the limbs have more functionality! They all transform the same as the G1 except breakdown and drag strips legs don't extend. Other than that, same packaging! In about 2013 I found the one you reviewed here too!

quinncat   8 weeks 5 days ago
  • As much as I didn't care about the content in the last couple of years I'm still sad to see this go. My first podcast ever was the Macross 7 podcast. It then branched me over to AWO, GME, and others. Those first 50 podcasts were some of my favorites ever. Wish he would've ended on something better than this.

sandman14   9 weeks 19 hours ago
  • (This video contains adult language and ramblings seasoned with sarcasm!)

EVA_Unit_4A   9 weeks 1 day ago
  • Gelbros J3

According to the box and the foot stamp, the name isn't Gelbros J3 but Cerberus J3 (ケルベロス Keruberosu). However, in the actual anime its name was Gerberus J3 (ゲルベロス). It's 'cause he has three heads.

interchange   9 weeks 2 days ago
  • Trans Jets Giant

The Chinese on the box calls it 超合体 無敵鐵金剛 (Super Combination Invincible Iron Vajra). "Invincible Iron Vajra" is Mazinger Z's name in Taiwan. Also, the text is written in traditional Chinese characters instead of simplified characters, so this bootleg is probably from Taiwan rather than the People's Republic of China.

interchange   9 weeks 2 days ago
  • Combat King

The Chinese translated as "combat king" is 战神 (zhan shen) which actually means "god of war."

"Combat King" would be 战斗王 (Zhandou Wang) in Chinese.

interchange   9 weeks 2 days ago
  • Warrior Voltron

The toy's name isn't "Warrior Voltron," but "Future Hero Voltron Skateboard" (미래용사 볼트론 스케이트보드). "Future Hero Voltron" was the name of the Korean dub of Voltron: Defender of the Universe.

interchange   9 weeks 2 days ago
  • For Sale - Various

Hi there, is GX-33 still available?

erickvinicius (not verified)   11 weeks 2 days ago
  • Much as I want(ed) the 18" versions of Gipsy Danger and Cherno Alpha, the world absolutely needed something like an SoC of this fledgling film series!

Correct me if I'm wrong, but is this the first SoC ever to have sound effects in it? Others may have had lights, but I don't remember sounds being involved.

EVA_Unit_4A   12 weeks 10 hours ago