• Voltes V

Awesome! Glad you like it and thanks for letting us know it went well. Sometimes I worry that not having an official online shop link in the review might look strange so even though I know Alan is legit, I'm always happy to see others confirm it too. :)

NekroDave   8 weeks 3 days ago
  • I've been really wanting one of these lately, even though as I kid I didn't love it anywhere near as much as you did. I don't honestly even recall if I had one but I think a friend did and I just couldn't get past that it was only a section of the entire Death Star, even though I knew even then that a full version would be impractical.

NekroDave   8 weeks 3 days ago
  • Great review! The only vintage play set I own is Boulder Hill, which was also made by Kenner. Not as crazy about it as you are about this set, but seeing the design similarities makes me think they really knew what they were doing. It's still the most expensive piece in my collection.

Optimal III   8 weeks 3 days ago
  • Solpugid

These orbots are actually knockoffs of gashapon mugenbine figures from a few years ago! There was a black and red set, and a blue and silver set of them! I have them all, maybe I’ll review them sometime!

quinncat   8 weeks 4 days ago
  • Voltes V

Got mine in from Alan today. What an unbelievably easy and fast transaction, and better packing than Mandarake if that’s possible, really good guy thanks for the recommendation!

TattooedRobot   8 weeks 5 days ago
  • Hound

Skadoosh!!!

I never thought about this figure looking like jack black before but now that you say that, all I see when I look at this Hound is jack black!

quinncat   9 weeks 2 days ago
  • Windblade

Thank you! Glad you liked the review! Honestly I don’t really know much about her as a character despite her popularity!
    Also I’m a little less dissatisfied with this figure than I was in the review, it’s just a little dissapointing how middling she is! I just got the Generations thrilling 30 one last week and I like it a lot more than this one despite the fact that this rid2015 Windblade feels a lot more solid and less fiddly!

quinncat   9 weeks 2 days ago
  • Windblade

Good review! And yes, she's here to stay. Forget where I read it, but Hasbro & IDW both say she's in demand. She's definitely been prominent in the comics since she first debuted.

Optimal III   9 weeks 3 days ago
  • Hound

Sweet Jack Black figure.

TattooedRobot   9 weeks 4 days ago
  • Voltes V

I just ordered one from him. Looks amazing. God I want them to do Reideen so f’ing bad.

TattooedRobot   9 weeks 4 days ago
  • Rock Roller

I still have this guy!

Storytime-So when I was 4-5 I was in a toy store and ALMOST picked G1 Jetfire, but chose this Rock Lord Instead.
    Now you're probably thinking it was stupid choice but in a way it was the best since if I have gotten that Jetfire it'd probably be all broken/yellowed/missing pieces while having this (and other Rock Lords) are still intact. Those things were quite sturdy for 80's robot toys.

VZMK2   11 weeks 3 days ago
  • Rock Roller

Pretty cool. Didn't know they made any Rock Lords toys beyond the ones for the characters that appeared in the movie. Would have been interesting to see how Hanna-Barbera translated this one for animation.

Optimal III   11 weeks 3 days ago
  • Giru Giru

I finally just got one of these today and in seeing this review now, I can't believe it's been out for 7 years already? Anyway, I love it but the mouth on my particular example just won't open up and I'm afraid I'll break it if I try too hard.

NekroDave   11 weeks 4 days ago
  • Bandai Chogokin HEROES

testing

JoshB   12 weeks 2 days ago
  • Triggerhappy

Yeah, I had to hunt to get the Velocitron boxset from a local TRU. Took forever for them to get to Georgia. After that hassle, I didn't hesitate to pre-order the Cybertron set from BBTS.

Optimal III   15 weeks 23 hours ago
  • Triggerhappy

That’s so cool that you have metalhawk! Both of those Titans Return box sets go for some crazy prices so I don’t have them yet but I want to so bad! also I’m glad you can experience this mold, because it really is pretty great

quinncat   15 weeks 1 day ago
  • Triggerhappy

Thus far, I only have the Metalhawk version of this mold. But everything you mentioned applies to him as well. Pretty cool figure.

Optimal III   15 weeks 3 days ago
  • Cosmos

Excellent figure with a fun transformation. I actually bought a spare that I'm currently repainting into Gobots Pathfinder.

Kaiketsu Blinder   15 weeks 3 days ago
  • Sixbuilder KO

So I’ve had this figure for about three months now and the pegs have not broken, maybe I exaggerated a little about that problem? I don’t know yet!

quinncat   16 weeks 5 days ago
  • Ultimate Gipsy Danger

This is the reason why I never bought another NECA action figure. They had years to address their QC issues and yet they still can't solve it.

Whether it's a break in the joint, misaligned legs or missing accessories...these issues still plague NECA up to now. That's why it's a disappointment whenever I see an interesting figure made by NECA, there's a good chance that figure will break/have defects.

makaikishi   16 weeks 5 days ago
  • Blitzwing Oversized KO

There is a flash sale on Sirtoys now, so this ko Blitzwing is only $5 instead of $10

quinncat   16 weeks 6 days ago
  • Megatron

You're not missing much, TLK was the worst of the Michael Bay TF movies.

VZMK2   17 weeks 1 day ago
  • Ultimate Gipsy Danger

I honestly can’t believe the fan base that NECA has given how every figure of their’s I have ever laid hands on has had these sorts of issues? The plastic they use is crab. It’s like recycled chewing gum. Even new in the box a figures lifespan is limited in months not years. Once the cheap assed pvc they use fully outgasses the stuff just disintegrates. At least the infamous Popy Blue took a few years.

One of the more entertaining things in all of this is seeing the long time NECA PacRim fans lay hands on the Bandai Robot Damashii (Robot Spirits) PR2 figures and just about break down in tears at what they should have had all along.

faelon   17 weeks 6 days ago
  • Liokaiser

I know!!

He kinda barely works compared to the other ones, and it’s really hard to actually find a ko that has hellbat

quinncat   17 weeks 6 days ago
  • Liokaiser

I can't believe they retooled Doubledealer into a combiner limb. You can tell from the fact that it looks so out of place.

Tetsuryu   18 weeks 5 hours ago