NYTF08: Hasbro - Iron Man

Comments

8 comments posted
Is it just me, or are the

Is it just me, or are the proportions of the torso on that 12" figure a little off?
CollectionDX Staff

EVA_Unit_4A's picture
Posted by EVA_Unit_4A on 23 February, 2008 - 22:33
Iron Man 12"...rocking!

Okay, I'm a pretty big Iron Man fan, so I'm more than lukewarm for this stuff! ;)

Atom, can you tell us anything else about the big 12" figures? Like, what's the difference between "Invincible" and "Repulsor Power"? How bad was the articulation? Just looking online, it appears that the pricepoint'll be around $30. Not too shabby at all considering Hasbro has released higher-end toys featuring electronic goodies...movie tie-ins like the Ultimate Bumblebee and, of course, the Cloverfield monster.

Hell, I may need to get both and keep one at my office. Either that, or just get the helmet to creep out my co-workers!

Anyway, I'm not so much feeling the 6" figs. I have enough Iron Mans (Men?) from Toybiz's run of the Marvel Legends series. As soon as Hasbro took over, their quality plummeted. Plus, their gimmicks don't particularly impress me...nor do their sculpts.

Those 12" figs, though...

Mmmmmm...

Sanjeev

Sanjeev's picture
Posted by Sanjeev on 24 February, 2008 - 01:25
Difference

Invincible has more inspector gedget type of appendages that attach for firing action. I didn't get to handle that one but the repulsor Iron Man has projectiles that fire out of his palms, when you push the button on his chest he says "I am Iron Man." pushing it repeatedly cycles thru firing missles and something else I can't remember...I think it was a flight sound. The figure could only move the legs and arms forward and back and the head turned and looked up a very little bit. No ball joints no articulation in the ankles, elbows or knees. It wasn't bad, just not great.

___________________
CollectionDX Writer
www.atomsantics.com

Atom's picture
Posted by Atom on 24 February, 2008 - 02:11
Wow...ouch

That does sound kinda crappy.

I mean, the elbows sure *look* articulated. Oh well...I'll still probably get one because they look awesome and probably display great. Yeah, glossy metallic red & gold'll do that!

Sanjeev

Sanjeev's picture
Posted by Sanjeev on 24 February, 2008 - 02:18
Your right

Your right, the elbows are ( I just rechecked the pic), but only up, no rotation. But ya it does look good. Sideshow type poseability has spoiled me but for $30 it could prove to be a good toy though. :)

___________________
CollectionDX Writer
www.atomsantics.com

Atom's picture
Posted by Atom on 24 February, 2008 - 02:21
HTS has these guys up for

HTS has these guys up for (pre)order now. I wanna pull the trigger on that 12 inch, but I'm definitely going to have to wait and see this guy up close before I make up my mind. Surprised it's only listed @ 19.99 though, considering all the features.

erechoveraker's picture
Posted by erechoveraker on 3 March, 2008 - 23:56
What I don't get...

...Is how, according to HasbroToyShop, the 12" Repulsor is slated to be released on April 4...they're obviously not in stores yet...but there're already at least half a dozen on eBay (albeit way over-priced!), in hand, ready to ship.

Sanjeev

Sanjeev's picture
Posted by Sanjeev on 4 March, 2008 - 09:49
probably the same deal as

probably the same deal as all the TF Animated toys, some dudes in the factory have sticky fingers :)

erechoveraker's picture